Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webmail problem

Options
  • 29-03-2013 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my eircom webmail.  I access webmail from webmail.eircom.net and no matter what web browser I use, when I try to send an email from webmail, I get the error

[size=-1][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Error: Bad response from mailserver: 550 5.1.0 "My Name" invalid address [/font][/size]

I have almost no emails in my webmail, free space is 5036 out of a quota of 5120, so no problems there.  The emails I am trying to send contain only text and nothing else.  The email accounts I am sending to include my own gmail.com account and no matter what email address I try to send to, the error is the same.  My eircom.net email address is the same as my boards username.  Hope you can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

zimlady wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm having a problem with my eircom webmail.  I access webmail from webmail.eircom.net and no matter what web browser I use, when I try to send an email from webmail, I get the error

[size=-1]Error: Bad response from mailserver: 550 5.1.0 "My Name" invalid address [/size]

I have almost no emails in my webmail, free space is 5036 out of a quota of 5120, so no problems there.  The emails I am trying to send contain only text and nothing else.  The email accounts I am sending to include my own gmail.com account and no matter what email address I try to send to, the error is the same.  My eircom.net email address is the same as my boards username.  Hope you can help.

Hi zimlady,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Can you try send the e-mail in two parts (e-mails) to your gmail address to see if that sends successfully.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement