Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Summer Soccer Leagues?

• 29-03-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Are there any summer senior men's football leagues in Dublin?

I know of many winter leagues and am looking to get back playing but they'll finish in the next few weeks. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The only summer leagues afaik are the Kildare league (i play in this, started last sunday), and the Mayo League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just to clarify - i meant 11-a-side junior football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

dreamers75 wrote: »

€1,700 altogether for the 11 a side :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Give Alan Mathews a call.

You can't be any worse than what Shels put out on the pitch at Derry last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Al Capwned wrote: »
    The only summer leagues afaik are the Kildare league (i play in this, started last sunday), and the Mayo League.

Yea, I used to play in the Kildare league a few years ago but I'm living in Dublin now.

I'd play 11-a-side astro but don't know anyone entering a team or where to look for one needing players. Went onto their site and signed up as a 'free agent' but no joy. I'd preferably be looking to play in their 'high standard' league, which is the only one which hasn't been filled as of yet. If anyone knows of anyone with a team in it, I'd appreciate if you'd let me know.
    born2bwild wrote: »
    Give Alan Mathews a call.

You can't be any worse than what Shels put out on the pitch at Derry last night.

Never played League of Ireland ball at senior level, just u21, but if they're stuck they can contact my crack team of agents :D

dceire wrote: »
    Yea, I used to play in the Kildare league a few years ago but I'm living in Dublin now.

Who'd you play with out of interest?? :)

Who'd you play with out of interest?? :)

Played for Carbury back in the day; back when they were challenging for the Senior Division, a while ago now :rolleyes:. It's been about 4/5 years since I played for them though, they were my local club.

Who are you with yourself?

Ah you probably played in Ticknevin school then? The narrowest pitch ever!! Ye had a good side a few years back.
    I play for Castle Villa. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Check out the boards team forum mate, also the league classification is a bit misleading. I play in the social league with boards as we want to play Tuesdays in Wesley, I play in the competitive league on Thursdays. The boards team would be more than a match for most teams in my Thursday league

• Advertisement

Check out the boards team forum mate, also the league classification is a bit misleading. I play in the social league with boards as we want to play Tuesdays in Wesley, I play in the competitive league on Thursdays. The boards team would be more than a match for most teams in my Thursday league

I was looking for that boards team forum but couldn't find it. It used to be under the Soccer heading but I don't see it there now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The link is below my username, but it's moved under the main sports category now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just to clarify - i meant 11-a-side junior football.

You be doing well to find a grass summer league.

Astro or boards team your best bet.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You be doing well to find a grass summer league.

Astro or boards team your best bet.

Yeah. That's why i said this... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Would any of the Kildare league clubs be within 40/45 mins of Dublin? Looking for a side to play with for a few months. Living in Dublin just off the m50 but wouldn't mind travelling tbh if I could find a decent club.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Would any of the Kildare league clubs be within 40/45 mins of Dublin? Looking for a side to play with for a few months. Living in Dublin just off the m50 but wouldn't mind travelling tbh if I could find a decent club.

I play for the most southerly (i think) club in the league in Castledermot, and we're 40 minutes from Newlands Cross.
    So i would say the majority are yes. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Theres a summer League in Dundalk, the premier division would be a decent standard especially the top teams

Advertisement