Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan 5K Tom Byrne Race May 12th 2013

Options
  • 29-03-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

We are all set to go in Lucan Harriers for our annual 5K race. You can register at www.rundublin.ie , and this year for the first time we have chip timing.

You will be treated to great spread after the race & goody bags

Hope to see some of you there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Just going this a bump, we're four weeks to go, some might be planning races for the next month.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hoping to get a load of people from the club out for this, reminds me to bung a mail around.

I'd urge everyone on boards, particularly club runners to get out and support this race given the AAI have broken their own rules and are supporting another race only a few miles away from this one on the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Hoping to get a load of people from the club out for this, reminds me to bung a mail around.

I'd urge everyone on boards, particularly club runners to get out and support this race given the AAI have broken their own rules and are supporting another race only a few miles away from this one on the same day.
    +1 ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ultraman1 wrote: »
    +1 ...

Right anto, any chance I can get out of the Kildare Half so? ;)

menoscemo wrote: »

Lucan race starts at 11, plenty of time to run finish and get out to the start line in the Curragh. You'll just have to run it fast.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the support, we're really up against it this year, its all systems go now for the race, great goody bag, spread of food afterwards too & new to Lucan is chip timing. Its €17 on line or €20 on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donore Harriers

Flagged this with our crew. See you there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

menoscemo wrote: »
    for some reason i thought this on the 19th of may,,usually dosent clash with kildare,

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭davemcmahon

signed up for this today. looking forward to it, did it last year and thought it was excellently organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

What's the course like?

Thanks

• Advertisement

It's a flat course, starting on the road, into Griffeen Park and one lap of that and back up & around and back into and finishing on the track. Sorry I dont have a garmin route to show you.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Thanks! I'm hoping to be there! :)

This is my garmin link from last years race. I'm assuming its the same course.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/180042280

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FionaRun

Lucan Harriers are really looking forward to hosting our 5k next Sunday, and seeing you all there. The course offers great variety and the track finish is very exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrissymc

I'm doing this one rather than Kildare, i hate running on grass and this race sounds good. I find clubs running races are better because they know how to look after the runners during and after the race. So see u in Lucan.

Entry closes on Friday evening for online entry to this race, so get your entry in now on www.rundublin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Birdsong wrote: »
    Entry closes on Friday evening for online entry to this race, so get your entry in now on www.rundublin.ie

I'd say I'll give this one a crack alright. See ye on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Must say this is one if my favourite races, lovely course, great grub afters & organisation..
    Chip timing is an added bonus..

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Looking forward to this :-) ...Im 48 and this is my first race ...I'll be a nervous little puppy at the start...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Amigaman wrote: »
    Looking forward to this :-) ...Im 48 and this is my first race ...I'll be a nervous little puppy at the start...

Just enjoy the run Amigaman. You should get a great buzz from it and you'll want more of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Great race lads - well worth supporting!

where is the start/ registration? Ive never been to Lucan so can someone help me with this and parking too Thanks

Yeah I don't actually know where the lucan clubhouse is. I can get as far as the leisure centre on my won then I'm lost

The lucan clubhouse is right across from Superquinn. Thats also the start line. The Leisure center is on the other side of Griffeen park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

chrissymc wrote: »
    where is the start/ registration? Ive never been to Lucan so can someone help me with this and parking too Thanks
    Yeah I don't actually know where the lucan clubhouse is. I can get as far as the leisure centre on my won then I'm lost

It's basically opposite superquinn on the finnstwon road. The 25A bus terminus is right beside it. I'm on my phone but will pop a map up tomorrow if nobody else does in the meantime. The leisure centre is less than a km from the track RQ

As said, we're on the Newcastle Road, directly opposite Superquinn. You can park in Superquinn if you wish & walk across the road.

From Dublin, leave the N4 road at Exit number 4 (Lucan). Turn left at the exit onto the Newscastle Road (do NOT go over the bridge towards Lucan village). After about half a kilometer you'll meet a roundabout. Go straight through the roundabout (SuperQuinn will be on your right). A few hundred meters past the roundabout turn left into the club's carpark.

Hope this helps. You can park in our carpark, or in Superquinn.

Now i'm really comfused, do i head for the clubhouse or the leisure centre and if i park at the clubhouse how do i get to the start line? Also i'm c oming from Wicklow direction following google maps so is it the Finnstown road or the Newcastle Road 2 different roads have been posted up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Just head for superquinn on the Newcastle Road, Race HQ is across the road. Never heard of Finnstown Road but I'm guessing the op was referring to the Newcastle road which Finnstown Hotel and estate is on.
    Clear as mud

Thanks folks. Working tomorrow so hopefully I'm not busy and can slip away for this. Can't wait. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Thanks for the directions all- really psyched for this one tomorrow!

Advertisement