Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan 5K Tom Byrne Race May 12th 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

drquirky wrote: »
    Thanks for the directions all- really psyched for this one tomorrow!

you better be, 3 to score and we've a team of 6! see you tomorrow ;)

Jnealon wrote: »
    Just head for superquinn on the Newcastle Road, Race HQ is across the road. Never heard of Finnstown Road but I'm guessing the op was referring to the Newcastle road which Finnstown Hotel and estate is on.
    Clear as mud

my bad, yes I meant the Newcastle Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭cosbloodymick

I've signed up for this race tomorrow and am wondering do you get your timing chip and number just before the off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

I've signed up for this race tomorrow and am wondering do you get your timing chip and number just before the off?

Registration is from 9-10:30. Arrive in plenty time.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coalshed

blockic wrote: »
    Registration is from 9-10:30. Arrive in plenty time.

Might see you around tomorrow B, what kind of time are you looking for?
    I've had a sore knee all week but it seems to be ok when I'm moving...if it hold up I'll run fir 19:59 and probablyget 20:40

• Advertisement

coalshed wrote: »
    Might see you around tomorrow B, what kind of time are you looking for?
    I've had a sore knee all week but it seems to be ok when I'm moving...if it hold up I'll run fir 19:59 and probablyget 20:40

Cool, pop over if ya see me! Number 165... anything sub 18 tomorrow and I'd be satisfied, body not feeling great this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Cool, pop over if ya see me! Number 165... anything sub 18 tomorrow and I'd be satisfied, body not feeling great this week.

haha, are you still suffering from that snackbox with gravy? ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    haha, are you still suffering from that snackbox with gravy? ;)

Big time! I actually haven't been right since! Probably food poisoning!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coalshed

Great. Im 109. Looking like lovely conditions for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

been up and got my number ... no. 82 ... there's an ice-cream truck at the start / finish...given the weather might be a bit optimistic :-) ... good luck to all today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Results up here

http://www.rundublin.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

What a great race :-) ... many thanks to all @ Lucan Harriers for a great race , great organization and a lovely spread after :-) ... and my time a respectable 24:51... I may have waited until I was 48 before doing my first race , but it wont be my last , the bug has well and truly bitten..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

TRR & SMmoore look to have had a good battle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done Lucan. Tough day for me but gave it my best shot. Sucks to walk by all that cake and the yummy puff pastry apple pie from superquinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Pretty happy that we (Tallaght) took the team prize...just sayin'!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Was there only one team prize? Don't think we'd have been in the running for the womens one if not but there's always hope. :)

Just as well it was 4 to count and not 3 as we initially thought :)

Pity we have no idea what we won exactly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

TRR wrote: »
    Just as well it was 4 to count and not 3 as we initially thought :)

Pity we have no idea what we won exactly ;)

A win is a win! Yeah kinda funny they didn't even bother to write the prize on the voucher lol... looking at the results #2 wasn't Raheny...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Some photos here

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Yeah kinda funny they didn't even bother to write the prize on the voucher lol.....

Is the voucher value not on the receipt - normally shops have it on this. I can check it out for you.

Hope you all enjoyed the race, the weather held off for it anyway. Thanks for the support - we really appreciate it

• Advertisement

Birdsong wrote: »
    Is the voucher value not on the receipt - normally shops have it on this. I can check it out for you.

Hope you all enjoyed the race, the weather held off for it anyway. Thanks for the support - we really appreciate it

No it's not. Yeah can you find out please and PM one of us. Yes great day. Thumbs up to whoever made those rice krispie buns. Savage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

won a masters prize no value on voucher also great race

pad-cam wrote: »
    won a masters prize no value on voucher also great race

same as ourselves pad. Just rang the shop there and they couldn't tell me value as system down. Give them a bell tomorrow and should be able to tell you. And yes was a great race, fair play to Lucan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

TRR wrote: »
    No it's not. Yeah can you find out please and PM one of us. Yes great day. Thumbs up to whoever made those rice krispie buns. Savage :)

Man if the food was at the finish line and not at the club house the PB would have been severely revised with the speed you dived into them

I made the bad call of holding off till after the cooldown but by then they were long gone

Good day and even bad conditions didn't hamper the mood. Times starting to move in the right direction for me but still a long way to go

ecoli wrote: »
    Man if the food was at the finish line and not at the club house the PB would have been severely revised with the speed you dived into them

I made the bad call of holding off till after the cooldown but by then they were long gone

Good day and even bad conditions didn't hamper the mood. Times starting to move in the right direction for me but still a long way to go

You see ecoli, I may be like 25 years older than you or something but with age comes great knowledge :) Rule number 1 of post race refreshments, rice krispie buns are going to be milled out of it very quickly, so you need to attack them ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 runninglate

The amount on the vouchers was 50 euro for an age category and 20 for a team prize. The teams were four to count.
    Thanks for all the support on the day. Hope you all enjoyed it.

Great and well organised race today. Well done to Lucan.

More club races and less commerical races need to be supported. You get way more bang for your buck and they are always organised way better. Defies logic! Anyway that's a discussion for another day.

Liked the finish on the track too even though I was half considering to cut across once I saw the line! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrissymc

Great race today, well organised, plenty of water and lovely spread afterwards and i got a P.B so good day all round!! Thanks Lucan A.C i'll be back next year.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrissymc

The only thing i noticed there wasnt a prizegiving after, or at least no one i asked seem to know, so i went home what were the prizes and categories?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

chrissymc wrote: »
    Great race today, well organised, plenty of water and lovely spread afterwards and i got a P.B so good day all round!! Thanks Lucan A.C i'll be back next year.:)

Glad you enjoyed the race, everybody seemed pretty happy with it.

The only thing i noticed there wasnt a prizegiving after, or at least no one i asked seem to know, so i went home what were the prizes and categories?

There was a prize giving alright, just took a few minutes to get all sorted. On the bottom of the link below has all winners

http://http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/racetimer?v=%252Fen%252Frace%252Fshow%252F1257%253Flayout%253Dprecision_timing

Advertisement