Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulse Clogherhead Triathlon 2013-Sat May 25th

Options
  • 29-03-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has already been posted but the Pulse race is open for entry details at www.pulsetri.com

Any questions please let me know,

Cheers,

Bryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smaktardis

I am gonna do this triathlon. I never did one with a beach start before. As I will not be wearing socks during the event I was wondering what is generally done about sand on the feet coming out of the water.

Ignore it and plough on and risk blisters?
    Wipe with towel?
    Spray with water bottle?

Also is there a link available to the course maps that includes elevation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

I'm in for this too. 3rd year in a row - a great race. A few from the club recced the course yesterday evening. The water was actually quite pleasant after 5 or 10 mins. But, I reckon it was the fine evening that heated it up a touch.

I usually just wipe the feet on the towel (without bending down) and away - you won't notice any residual sand.

see pulse website for race details and course info. http://www.pulsetri.com/club-races/cycleways-pulse-triathlon-2013/course-maps/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Signed up for this today too. Looks like a good one. Never did a beach start either - hope its not like other beaches where you have to run 2 k for the water to get deep enough to swim in!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

beach is short. best thing about this race is the closed roads. great to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

I have an entry for this if anyone looking. ( emailed mods about swap already)

Give it for half price:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

trihead wrote: »
    I have an entry for this if anyone looking. ( emailed mods about swap already)

Give it for half price:D

I'm interested in this.

Sent you a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jupiter36

Just saw the results from this race. What a fabulous day for it. Is the run distance a bit short in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

Yea, great race yesterday. Well done to everybody involved. The support from the marshal's was brilliant.

I was wondering about the run distance myself. Anybody got an idea of the actual distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭The Davestator

fluboy wrote: »
    Yea, great race yesterday. Well done to everybody involved. The support from the marshal's was brilliant.

I was wondering about the run distance myself. Anybody got an idea of the actual distance?

It was 4.67 on my garmin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Macanri wrote: »
    I'm in for this too. 3rd year in a row - a great race. A few from the club recced the course yesterday evening. The water was actually quite pleasant after 5 or 10 mins. But, I reckon it was the fine evening that heated it up a touch.

I usually just wipe the feet on the towel (without bending down) and away - you won't notice any residual sand.

see pulse website for race details and course info. http://www.pulsetri.com/club-races/cycleways-pulse-triathlon-2013/course-maps/

Congrats on the 60+ cat prize :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smaktardis

It was 4.67 on my garmin

Great day out overall. Couldnt fault the organisation one bit. Would highly recommend it. Good friendly atmosphere there too.

what was the cycle. i mapped it online to 19.5km.

Advertisement