Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV system for legally blind person

Options
  • 29-03-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    I need to set up a cctv system for an elderly person who has age related macular degeneration. She can't read newspapers anymore, and hadn't learned how to use the web or the basics of computers before this struck. We have figured out that she can read using 700% magnification, but Windows' inbuilt magnifier is too fiddly. The electronic magnifiers available on the market would be just the job, but they are about €700 a pop upwards. I tried a smartphone and an app, but I couldn't read with it myself. I deleted it.

Given that webcams are so cheap, could anyone suggest a system that could work please? We have a laptop with Windows 7 and a 15.6 inch screen.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

Advertisement