Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Shot This repair of ripped jacket .

Options
  • 29-03-2013 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

This is a bit of a long shot , my jacket got ripped near the pocket about 7 inches down , it's a Ben Sherman wax type material , just wondering does any shop around Waterford repair this type of thing . It's only about 5 months old , had a lot of stuff stuck in the pocket and I thing it just burst out the lining :-/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

any seamstress should be able to repair waxed cotton, try the zip yard in patrick st.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

I am not sure the normal sowing machines would handle the wax material, Bohens in Cork or Dublin clean and rewax jackets and repair leather, drycleanit out buy superquinn sends the leathers there. They could ring for u or if your in Cork look up Bohens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Thanks good news anyways the shop is going to replace it with same jacket replaced from other shop.

Advertisement