Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suirvivor Waterford

Options
  • 29-03-2013 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭

Saw this starting up in Carriganore pretty soon and wondering is anyone doing it? Looks like it's another event that has potential and loads of space out there to turn it into a total mudfest. If I get the health back in order I might give it a lash myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Looks interesting.. IF I had a bit of fitness I'd give it a go. But haven't done anything in the last 12 months so would probably drown in the first Mud puddle I landed in!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

Any link to that event cannot find it ?

Any link to that event cannot find it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was intetested and it is good money gathered can be used to support charity. But as an individual is quiete expensive to enter for the event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Well boys and girls,

I'm involved with the running of this event. From the price point of view sadly, they're not cheap events unfortunately due to their nature(course construction, safety and insurance required) but we're keeping the price to the minimum compared to other events of this nature. Hopefully will be in a position to reduce the price further if we run it in the future. Big motivations are to get people into Waterford which is working. We have registrations from as far away as Cobh to Dundalk. Also all our suppliers are local based businesses(Alfies Hales, Excel Promotions, Design and Display etc) so supporting local jobs which cant be a bad thing. ANd as was said earlier, a good opportunity to riase some funds for good causes.

From a fitness point of view, at a walk youd probably do it in 2 hours and its all about the personal challenge. If its not against forum rules I'm happy to help with any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Looks great. Has real potential IMO.

Thanks fuzzy. Were getting a good response. Should be a fun day. :) Obstacles going in later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have to say today was a good laugh out there. Competitors seemed to have enjoyed taking part and the few surprises really caught out some people. Made for some good photos too and I'm hoping this can kick start some regular competitions like that in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Yep, well done to all the organisers, it was better organised than Run Amuck anyway (and a lot more challenging). To say I'm wrecked now would be an understatement!

• Advertisement

Stunned by the reaction after yesterday. A few things we could improve on but by and large we achieved exactly what we set out to do. Put on a good show and generate a bit of fun. So many smiles. Round 2 required methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Looked to be a good craic from the pictures. Would loved to have taken part but it fell with a round of Junior League fixtures. I know ya can't please everyone and a lot of sports overlap, but if ya had one in the summer you might get a few teams entering it for a bit of pre season fitness and a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

witless1 wrote: »
    Looked to be a good craic from the pictures. Would loved to have taken part but it fell with a round of Junior League fixtures. I know ya can't please everyone and a lot of sports overlap, but if ya had one in the summer you might get a few teams entering it for a bit of pre season fitness and a laugh.

They just announced another 1 or 2 to take place. I'd be half tempted to enter it if I'm giving a clear bill of health.

Advertisement