Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family on RA

• 29-03-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Evening everyone :))

Didn't know which forum to post this so said I'd try here :)

My boyfriend and I are planning on moving in together with our 13month old DS. I'm on lone parent and he's gone back to do his Leaving Cert on VTOS. Just wondering how do we go about doing this and how does it work, does our money get put together and what happens as he's on VTOS and I'm hoping to do a course through VTOS in September too. We also want to be down legite and not frauding the system :)

Any advice greatly appreciated Many thanks emma :))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

When you move in together you will no longer qualify for OPF,you will have to decide if you wish to be a dependent on your boyfriend's claim.The max payment for a couple with 1 child is 188+124.80+29.80=€342.60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

With regard to the VTOS side of things, your partner's payment while on VTOS will not be means tested when they are calculating how much you will get. The rules about VTOS changed in the last budget in December and under those changes new entrants to VTOS since 1 Jan 2013 (which you will be) do not automatically get the maximum payment of €188 (plus €20 if you were receiving an eligible Social Welfare payment for 12 months before starting VTOS). Now, they will receive whatever payment they were on before starting VTOS plus the €20 if applicable. However, if new entrants are under 25 they will receive an automatic top up to €160 per week on VTOS. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/returning_to_education/vocational_training_opportunities_scheme.html

Advertisement