Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disc camera negative

• 29-03-2013 10:49pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question, I have some old Disc negatives that I want to get developed is there anywhere around Dublin or county that can do this.

Thanks for your help.

73LEF00Z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Do you mean developed or printed?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I'd like to get them put on paper, cd or sd card I don't mind I just want to see whats on them and to make them digital :)
    Cheers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

gunns might be able to help you or maybe camera exchange, there was that place on merrion square cant remember the name, one of the last that did slide but don think its there anymore. anywhere that doesnt use a machine to dev would be able to but depending on the process they might not do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Dwaynes Photo (in the US) do disk, and are the only place I know of...

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

Aidan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

If you know somebody with a decent negative scanner such as an Epson V500/V600 or V700 it should be possible to scan them with that. It might be a bit tricky but not overly difficult.

Once you can get the disk film out, to place it flat on the scanner it shouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I had been looking at that on youtube and might give it a go, :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

you do know you need develop first, doing that if you dont will destroy the images

They have been developed at some stage, I know nothing about photography and just downloaded photoshop free trill so I could invert a photo of them to see what's on them. I left home at 16 in the 80's and went to England with no money in my pockets and nowhere to stay but I did have this camera for the first few weeks but have no idea where the photos went. This is a photo I took with my camera phone holding one up to a white background on the computer just to see if I could recall any of the pictures.

20130404_173930_zps7c7b16a7.jpg

Color negatives are very different than scanning positive slides or prints. Color negatives have an overall orange mask, designed to aid photo printing of negatives onto regular photographic paper. The orange mask makes scanning color negatives difficult.

There is ways, but if you aint to fresh with PS, wont be easy, you'd also want some serious scans to get anything usable tbh

Advertisement