Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go with a baby?

Options
  • 29-03-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

We have a 6 mth old and we try to get out at the weekends as cabin fever can set in during the week.

Where in Dublin would you recommend that is baby friendly eg Dun Laoghaire pier? Open to any suggestions re restaurants or anything at all.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

The National Gallery do a tour for new parents where you can bring along your baby. The next one is on the 17th of April:

http://www.nationalgallery.ie/en/whatson/Tours/New_Parents/April17.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Great day for the Zoo, i'd say the animals would be on top form after all the snow.
    Bring a picnic helps to off set the admission fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Any of the parks are good for a walk. Nearest one to me is Corkagh Park in Clondalkin, great park to walk around. But no matter where you are in Dublin there's a park within 10 minutes drive. Marlay park, Deer park, St Annes, Pearse park, Stephens green, ceannt park etc etc.
    Was out on the pier with my 15 month old only yesterday, corkagh park today, he loves sitting in the buggy and just looking at the scenery change.
    As for restaurants, during the day most places are baby friendly, but if I'm going later and booking a table I always ask if they have baby seats cos we're bringing a baba. NEver refused yet, usually get a table with a bit more room on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Hi

There are a few suggestions here
    http://www.mykidstime.ie/d/things-do/babies-preschoolers/things-do-baby-dublin

There are a couple of parent and baby cinema options

The Lighthouse Cinema & the Odeons http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/fanatic/newbies/s209/
    IMC in Dun Laoughaire if you live near there

There are also parent and baby swimming sessions.

I don't really know about restaurants / cafes but any of the museum cafes should be ok. The café at the Phoenix Park visitor centre is definitely child friendly. The toddlers love running around the little maze there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Or if you fancy a sit down, a bit of shopping or maybe a snack try the food co-op in New Market. They allow kids, and the general atmosphere is kid friendly. Open on Saturdays from 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Not Ideal for a Baby but for kids over 4-5 ish, it's hard to beat The National Maritime Museum of Ireland in Dún Laoghaire. Well worth a visit

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

The Lighthouse Cinema have dedicated parent and baby screenings on Wednesday and Saturday mornings.

http://www.lighthousecinema.ie/newsarticle.php?sec=NEWS&_aid=1382
    To make it easier for parents to catch a film, there is discounted parking in the Queen St. car park for Light House Cinema patrons. We also have a place to store your pram or buggy, and we turn down the volume and keep low lighting for baby’s comfort. There’s a range of fresh sandwiches, cakes, herbal teas and coffee (decaf and regular) at our café where you can meet and chat with other mums and dads.
    Parent and baby screenings are on Saturday and Wednesday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Where in Dublin would you recommend that is baby friendly eg Dun Laoghaire pier? Open to any suggestions re restaurants or anything at all.

Congrats on the newish baby. More or less everywhere in Dublin is baby friendly, a six month old won't be noticed to be honest. It's when they get older and want to get out of the high chair that the issues start.

Advertisement