Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ship St., Droheda

Options
  • 29-03-2013 11:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I was just looking on Daft there, and I noticed a property on Ship St.. When I looked at Google maps, the entire street looks deserted. In fact, it kinda looks like an army barracks with no end! What is the history of this street, why were all these stone houses built, and why is the street now deserted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

It's a flood zone. Probably impossible to insure houses on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

newmug wrote: »
    Hi folks. I was just looking on Daft there, and I noticed a property on Ship St..
    Sale Agreed since Monday, €20,000. No idea why anyone would pay €2000 let alone €20,000. Money down the drain, or river in this case.

Ship-Street-Flooding-CB7E3993.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 embireland

Scotty # wrote: »
    Sale Agreed since Monday, €20,000. No idea why anyone would pay €2000 let alone €20,000. Money down the drain, or river in this case.

Ship-Street-Flooding-CB7E3993.jpg

They obviously never checked out the flood history on the location, or they are buying in the area hoping that the scotch hall will expand the town down there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

embireland wrote: »
    They obviously never checked out the flood history on the location, or they are buying in the area hoping that the scotch hall will expand the town down there

Doubtful. Once you walk onto the street its obvious that it floods.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 HappyNoel

With all that dereliction it would make a great film set for some kind of Irish zombie movie. Night of the feckin dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

HappyNoel wrote: »
    With all that dereliction it would make a great film set for some kind of Irish zombie movie. Night of the feckin dead.

In the dead of the feckin night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Ship Street? Seriously?! Whoever named it had a sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Would someone stick a "g" in the thread title please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I was looking at it and thought it quite apt really. Suits the accent. :P

Not sure if that was the intention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Would someone stick a "g" in the thread title please.

I would if I knew how!

• Advertisement
Advertisement