Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mcb rating.

Options
  • 29-03-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Am i correct in thinking that there is a rule about mcb ratings being to high.

Example if i have a circut with a 16amp industrial socket and i want it protected by an rcbo instead of an rcd, but there is only 10amp and 32amp rcbos available , would 32amp rcbo protection be accepted in the regs??
    Also before amybody mentions just getting a 16/20amp rcbo .. This is an exam so im not purchasing any equipment .. Im just using whats available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

Actually scrap that .... It is wire in 2.5 so 32a would not be ok and 10a is too low... I can just bang it on an rcd . I was hoping to use an rcbo for neatness and presentation etc . But no big deal i guess.... Typical fas to supply wrong equipment. Rcbos either too small r too large

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

2O amp type C mcb on rcd would be my choice.

Advertisement