Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

TAYTO CHEESE & ONION CHOCOLATE BAR 35g

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

mattser wrote: »
    Reminds me of Coolock back in the 70's. Tayto and Cadburys would fire up the engines early in the morning, beside each other. Holy God I'll never forget the pong when both smells met. VILE.
    Keep your bar, thanks.

i grew up in edenmore, i can still smell the grease in my head:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm curious as to why Tayto said on Facebook that the bar was not cheese and onion flavour when it clearly is.
    Not tried it yet.
    Dolbert wrote: »
    The normal bar is just chocolate but this one is limited edition and has crisps in it. I can't imagine it being nice tbh...

I first heard of tayto bars in some other thread a good while ago. I think a few were asking if it was going to be crisp flavour. I don't think it ever was going to be at first.

Perhaps tayto were aware of people asking if it was crisp flavour and so saw an easy marketing opportunity, all sorts of media talking about this weird bar, so get sneaky free adverts making it aware they will have other bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

i had a penchant for eating taytos and milky bars together back in my rebellious days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Anyone know anywhere in Louth to get these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭crazygirl101

Any topaz garages i've been in to have them (1/2 of them we had to ask as they were under the counter!!) i think there nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

theyre rotten, ya just get the nasty tayto after breath feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I used to love eating Cadbury's Dairy Milk and Tayto C&O together when I was young. So I was hoping for the same experience with the bars. TBH, the Tayto flavour isn't strong enough, but I did like it. The crisps really do retain their crispiness in the chocolate

Still none in Louth, Im in Dublin tomorrow, Anyone know anywhere that has them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Costcutters on Taylor lane in Ballyboden have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

anyone know where i can get these in dublin city centre? i checked all of o'connell street/henry street area and shops opposite tcd 2 days ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

A girl in work said she got them in a Spar on Capel Street (though she said they were out of stock on Thursday last)

None around city centre today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

alie wrote: »
    Costcutters on Taylor lane in Ballyboden have them

No they don't I checked today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Spar in Whitechurch DEFINITELY have them..friend of mine got two today.

No they don't I checked today

Well they had them last week cause we bought them, god everyone going mad over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I know and they're absolutely vile too.
    Just eat some chocolate at the same time as some crisps and you've got the same taste!

fussyonion wrote: »
    I know and they're absolutely vile too.
    Just eat some chocolate at the same time as some crisps and you've got the same taste!

And so tiny if you like them, lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

copeyhagen wrote: »
    theyre rotten, ya just get the nasty tayto after breath feeling

This.

They were handing them out outside Dun Laoghaire DART station today.

None available in Louth, Any for sale in Dublin??

There were a couple of bars in the BusStop in Nutgrove shopping centre (the one in front of the Tesco) this evening.

• Advertisement

It will be Saturday before im in the city again, Pity, Mad to try them!kr

There's also a competition here to win some I believe http://www.krank.ie/category/comps/competition-tayto-cheese-onion-chocolate-bars/

It would be easy to make them and you could adjust the amount of crisps in them, personally I thought it was like salty chocolate and not appealing at all.

star-pants wrote: »
    There's also a competition here to win some I believe http://www.krank.ie/category/comps/competition-tayto-cheese-onion-chocolate-bars/

It's over, they only got 146 entries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Tried the bar! It's sh1te. The chocolate is crap and you cant even taste the crisps. Huge thumbs down!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Wurly wrote: »
    Tried the bar! It's sh1te. The chocolate is crap and you cant even taste the crisps. Huge thumbs down!:(

Seems to be the general opinion. Have you tried Dairy Milk Creations ? Blows this Bar out of the water.

Where did you get the bar wurly?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

there awfull the chocolate is rotten and the crisps are worse :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Applegreen in Ballinteer, Dublin had loads of them last night, apparently

My local Spar still doesn't have them, despite a big Tayto truck being parked outside yesterday :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

One of the concession vans had them at the Leinster game last night. Was quite excited to finally see them, then I tasted one. Horrible.

Advertisement