Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time change tomorrow

• 30-03-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Does the clocks go forward or back tomorrow evening

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

wasnt that last week? :confused:

Oh god I have no idea whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Spring Forward
    Fall Back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Forward Sunday night at 1
    Monday morning evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

It's tonight. Now it's- 2h .35m on Saturday

Nope on Sunday they go forward.

The clock-in machine at work automatically changed last weekend though. No idea why it was a week early ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

who cares? I don't get up til lunch anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Wait, so if I've got a flight at 2am..does that mean it's really gonna be at 3am or..is it gonna be at what would have previously been 1am?

Shouldn't have booked flights at the start of spring..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

SV wrote: »
    Wait, so if I've got a flight at 2am..does that mean it's really gonna be at 3am or..is it gonna be at what would have previously been 1am?

Its going to be the time it says on the ticket. If its 2am, its going to be 2am. Just set your clock forward at the right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nope on Sunday they go forward.

The clock-in machine at work automatically changed last weekend though. No idea why it was a week early ???

You work for a US company by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

SV wrote: »

The clocks go forward at 1am GMT. So the time progression is 00:59 -> 02:00 Local time. There is no 1am local Irish time on Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

The clocks go forward at 1am GMT. So the time progression is 00:59 -> 02:00 Local time. There is no 1am local Irish time on Sunday morning.

Ahhh ok thank you, that makes sense. Well that's after saving possibly missing a flight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Man that's some freaky twilight zone sh!t right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So we lose an hours sleep of that hangover then? Thanks OP for reminder, i had forgotten.

Look on the bright side, the evenings will still be freezing at 8pm dusk!(that Spring doing an AWOL thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

NIMAN wrote: »
    You work for a US company by any chance?

Nope. Did their clocks change last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Is it just me, or did there seem to be a bigger deal about the clock going forward or back when we were young?

Now, you barely hear about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Is it just me, or did there seem to be a bigger deal about the clock going forward or back when we were young?

Now, you barely hear about it

Yes, your parents let you out to play an hour longer before darkness strikes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

jd007 wrote: »
    Spring Forward
    Fall Back

Or fall forward, spring back if you've had a few drinks near a trampoline.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlueCam

Anyone know how this will affect Nitelinks? e.g. the 84n is at 12, 2 and 4.... will it now *technically* be at 12, 3 and 5? Given that one bus does all the runs, they would have to get another bus on the route if they wanted to do one at the "correct" times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I had completely forgotton about the clocks changing. Thanks for the reminder! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

So if you arrive at a nightclub at midnight do you only have an hour an a half before you're kicked out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Jello wrote: »
    So if you arrive at a nightclub at midnight do you only have an hour an a half before you're kicked out?
    No. Nightclubs run on regular time until they are closed. You won't lose an hour just like you don't gain an hour when the clocks go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    No. Nightclubs run on regular time until they are closed. You won't lose an hour just like you don't gain an hour when the clocks go back.

I was in a club last year, pretty sure it was a saturday, and we definitely got an extra hour!

I'm also fairly certain they will close an hour earlier today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Spring Forward
    Fall Back

Do you have the one for stalactites and stalagmites - I can never remember which ones go up or down :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

BlueCam wrote: »
    Anyone know how this will affect Nitelinks? e.g. the 84n is at 12, 2 and 4.... will it now *technically* be at 12, 3 and 5? Given that one bus does all the runs, they would have to get another bus on the route if they wanted to do one at the "correct" times.

Won't affect it at all. You're good to go. So you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Spring Forward
    Fall Back

Spring forward
    "Autumn" back

We're Irish not American

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Do you have the one for stalactites and stalagmites - I can never remember which ones go up or down :p

Stalactites hang tight to the ceiling and stalagmites might try to grow to reach them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

To quote Homer Simpson:

"Lousy farmers!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

It goes back next week in Oz. Also, the toilets shift back to the Irish direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

When the mites go up the tights go down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Nice sunset there.. feels like we are bypassing spring altogether, no rite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

we should just put it forward and leave it at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

All those blasted clocks to be reset again!

Two clock radios, two car clocks, watches, the central heating, the cooker clock, the immersion clock, the camera, mobile phone, VCR, DVD, Sat box (may update itself)? then we have two 'Radio Controlled' wall clocks which reset themselves, courtesy of the atomic time signal from Cumbria, nice . . . I wish they all did that.

One less hour in bed tonight though, bugger :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I wish they would just stop pr1cking around with these clocks. Leave it to fcuk alone

I won't really notice until Tuesday morning when I'll have to get up an hour earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I won't really notice until Tuesday morning when I'll have to get up an hour earlier.

Speak for yourself. I'm up tomorrow and Monday. All the lads on night shift tonight getting paid for 12 hours while working 11 though, bastids.:D

Speak for yourself. I'm up tomorrow and Monday. All the lads on night shift tonight getting paid for 12 hours while working 11 though, bastids.:D
    I used to do nights and unfortunately I sometimes ended up working in October for 13 hours! :(

Not any more though! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Woooo! looking forward to the light evenings and early morning brightness from here on in - this winter just has felt like the longest and wierdest, after I have a full on chocoholic day tomorrow of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

There is no spoon.

MJ23 wrote: »
    There is no spoon.

Haven't you heard? Dish ran away with it- terrible episode so it was. Family are disowning both of them. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

LordSutch wrote: »
    All those blasted clocks to be reset again!

Two clock radios, two car clocks, watches, the central heating, the cooker clock, the immersion clock, the camera, mobile phone, VCR, DVD, Sat box (may update itself)? then we have two 'Radio Controlled' wall clocks which reset themselves, courtesy of the atomic time signal from Cumbria, nice . . . I wish they all did that.

One less hour in bed tonight though, bugger :(

It was easier when things didn't update automatically. I'll wake up tomorrow, check my phone and not know whether it has updated :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Haven't you heard? Dish ran away with it- terrible episode so it was. Family are disowning both of them. :(

The was the startling day that the cow jumped over the moon!

Moon's at 88% full so the cow has her work cut out!

branie wrote: »
    The was the startling day that the cow jumped over the moon!

Failed Olympic champion I heard. Drugs you know. Another terrible tale there. Awful, just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Jaysus it's complicated, just read the wikipedia pages - Last Sunday in March which is this weekend.

02:00 become 03:00 so we lose an hour.

Which is 4 hours from now!!

TheUsual wrote: »

Which is 4 hours from now!!

5 if we're still in winter time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

So will bars/clubs be closing an hour earlier tonite?

Yes

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Or if your on the dole like me u mighn't notice it until they go back in october ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement