Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy For leaving cert

• 30-03-2013 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi I have picked accountancy as one of my options for leaving cert and now I am starting to worry. Is the course manageable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Hi I have picked accountancy as one of my options for leaving cert and now I am starting to worry. Is the course manageable.

yes. Incredibly manageable. Make sure you understand the foundations and the key to it is loads of practice. Its a cliche because its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I do accounting for leaving cert and in my opinion, I find it really tough. I find it really complicated, confusing and extremely tedious! It's a subject you either love or hate to be honest. I'm in a class of 4, and the 3 other people in the class love it. They find the subject really easy, and it's an almost guaranteed A1 for them. It has a high percentage of A1's in the leaving cert, which makes it a fairly attractive subject.

I enjoy business for junior cert, I really liked the accounting side, but the leaving cert accounting is a whole different thing. Yes you'll be doing the obvious Trading P+L/Balance sheet, but it's in a lot more detail. The workings (adjustments) get a lot tougher. Saying all that, accounting isn't a subject I study often, as I don't enjoy it! If you study it and even better if you enjoy the subject, I'm sure you'll manage it.

Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll be grand! Good luck!

Advertisement