Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Aussies take on the IOM TT-Warning...video contains crash footage

• 30-03-2013 1:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

I watched this video earlier on this evening.

What the Aussies make of the IOM TT.

I found it to be a very interesting yet a very humbling video.

The documentary gives a riders insight into what the TT is all about and what a dead riders family thinks of the TT and why it shouldnt/cant be banned.
    The thrill,the glory,but also the sadness of it all,when things do go wrong.

Thers is footage of race crashes and also a very personal interview with Paul Dobbs wife,after he sadly died the previous year while racing.

So this video may not be to everyones comfort or taste,and therefore viewer discretion is advized.

Here is the video about the TT and what it means to a racer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOTvQuuQ7B4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

paddy147 wrote: »
    I watched this video earlier on this evening.

What the Aussies make of the IOM TT.

I found it to be a very interesting yet a very humbling video.

The documentary gives a riders insight into what the TT is all about and what a dead riders family thinks of the TT and why it shouldnt/cant be banned.
    The thrill,the glory,but also the sadness of it all,when things do go wrong.

Thers is footage of race crashes and also a very personal interview with Paul Dobbs wife,after he sadly died the previous year while racing.

So this video may not be to everyones comfort or taste,and therefore viewer discretion is advized.

Here is the video about the TT and what it means to a racer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOTvQuuQ7B4

Good piece alright. I love Cameron's quote " people are so wrapped up in cotton wool, we don't get to do anything dangerous anymore." I think this sums up what a lot of bikers think, and a lot of anti bikers don't understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good clip, tbh I blow hot & cold on the TT and all road racing.

Sometimes I think some people have to be protected from themselves, and when I hear of either someone I know, or any rider for that matter being killed I'm totally against road racing.

But then I put those feelings to one side, and the racing is just stunningly beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Good clip, tbh I blow hot & cold on the TT and all road racing.

Sometimes I think some people have to be protected from themselves, and when I hear of either someone I know, or any rider for that matter being killed I'm totally against road racing.QUOTE]

I have a biker mate who thinks like you.........But he has no worries about "racing" up the wicklow gap as fast as the road/sheep will allow....And then says that RR should be banned...Wanker...not you...;)

I have a biker mate who thinks like you.........But he has no worries about "racing" up the wicklow gap as fast as the road/sheep will allow....And then says that RR should be banned...Wanker...not you...;)

No sweat, keep your winkie eye because it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if you thought I was a wanker.

I don't think the RR should be banned, as a BMW rider myself (but a poor one) I can't afford the RR but its a cracking bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

No sweat, keep your winkie eye because it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if you thought I was a wanker.

I don't think the RR should be banned, as a BMW rider myself (but a poor one) I can't afford the RR but its a cracking bike.

RR = road racing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I've been over to IOM TT and some Irish races and watching them from the roadside, you have to say they have some balls and skill.
    These boys are a breed of their own, if they want to live and die doing what they love, fair play to them.

Doom wrote: »
    RR = road racing

I know, I was being a wanker :P

Advertisement