Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function room for a party?

Options
  • 30-03-2013 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I'm thinking of booking some sort of function room (even restaurant etc) for a relative's 60th birthday in a few months. I really haven't been to many such things in Waterford though and am not sure where would be good.
    I know Waterford Crystal and the Roanmore Centre have such rooms, but haven't been in either in years, am I wrong or are they a little ...dingy?!
    Are there others and would anyone know a rough idea of cost of any?
    It would be for somewhere around 80 guests
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Waterford Castle. It's seriously magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Hey I asked a similar question on here and it has a good bit of info ... I went for the tower hotel myself :) thought for the age group it was more appropriate and easy access. I agree with you completely about gaa centres and crystal !

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056869302/1#post82972702

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Great, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

araic88 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of booking some sort of function room (even restaurant etc) for a relative's 60th birthday in a few months. I really haven't been to many such things in Waterford though and am not sure where would be good.
    I know Waterford Crystal and the Roanmore Centre have such rooms, but haven't been in either in years, am I wrong or are they a little ...dingy?!
    Are there others and would anyone know a rough idea of cost of any?
    It would be for somewhere around 80 guests
    Thanks

Downstairs/ restaurant party of the forum or the back of the Mansion house maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deisedarren

I work at the crystal centre and I know it's a bit dingy but people always say they have good party's there
    The function hall holds up to 120

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Yeah the Forum downstairs is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

The Ramada Hotel has loads of function rooms and caters for party's theres a bar and they serve food/provide food for functions and party's was at one there not so long ago and was pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

try Mojo Lounge over Revolution - available now for private hire - Gary is the manager there .

Advertisement