Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst football shirts ever

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

theteal wrote:
    the orange Ireland one that I think they only wore once or twice in the end because it turned out to be "unlucky" or some sh!t. it was just manky and they only sold about 4 of them

I must've been 1 of the 4!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

This has to be worthy:

Spanish side CD Guijuelo away kit pays 'ham'mage to their love of Iberian ham!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/13/spanish-football-club-ham-it-up-for-new-away-kit

imagen.aspx?lVW2oAh2vjPc7ietgaaIFrdBXZ9cXi6MQ4TncnkXVSTX-P-2bAoG0sxzXPZPAk5l-P-2fU5UgPYN7ooQ-P-2bbMRzyQPYp4kxQ-P-3d-P-3d

I can see matches being called off due to flies / dogs chasing the players! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

whiskeyman wrote: »
    This has to be worthy:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/13/spanish-football-club-ham-it-up-for-new-away-kit

imagen.aspx?lVW2oAh2vjPc7ietgaaIFrdBXZ9cXi6MQ4TncnkXVSTX-P-2bAoG0sxzXPZPAk5l-P-2fU5UgPYN7ooQ-P-2bbMRzyQPYp4kxQ-P-3d-P-3d

No unlike some of the crap that was common in the early to mid 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Spanish 2nd div side cultural leonesa

Tuxedo-Football-Kit-Jersey.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

whiskeyman wrote: »
    This has to be worthy:

Lady Gaga is a fan of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

More pics required, what about man u's green & gold drumstick circa 94ish?

This is and remains to this day my favourite Man United shirt :0)

I think it's a bit easy to write off shirts from the early 90s. And now they do look a bit ridiculous. On the other hand, they were as much part of that era as tie dye and flares were part of Woodstock, they were upbeat and garish and fully in keeping with an era that was beginning to feel a bit optimistic after they grey days of the 70s and 80s. It's like looking back a rave videos now with the ridiculous hairstyles and outfits...but back then they were part of the zeitgeist.

And having said all that, yeah there were some shockers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

That horrible dark green and orange Everton kit they have this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    That horrible dark green and orange Everton kit they have this season!

Was going to post that last week but the thought of having to go and search for a pic of it sickened me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

dan1895 wrote:
    Was going to post that last week but the thought of having to go and search for a pic of it sickened me.

I wish I was an Everton fan for this jersey alone , its gorgeous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

tranmere-rovers-2015-2016-home-kit-1.jpg

Evertons isn't even the worst one on Merseyside this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3227659/1860-Munich-release-new-Oktoberfest-kit-inspired-traditional-green-gold-waistcoast-lederhosen-shorts.html
    DM wrote:
    860 Munich's latest Oktoberfest-inspired kit is delivers big time on novelty factor with mock press studs on a shirt styled like a green and gold waistcoat and lederhosen-style shorts.
    This season's 'Weisentrikot' outfit will be worn by players in their September 19 home match against FC Kaiserslautern, the club announced.
    The Lions' wacky kit has become an annual event, with last year's light blue gingham shirt worn against Ingolstadt to coincide with the world's most famous beer festival.

Not a great one this year...

2C1AB8C600000578-0-image-a-1_1441792594921.jpg
    I think the jersey last year is lovely though!

2C1BE44700000578-3227659-The_Lions_Oktoberfest_kit_last_last_year_was_a_light_blue_gingha-m-38_1441799344227.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

tranmere-rovers-2015-2016-home-kit-1.jpg

Evertons isn't even the worst one on Merseyside this season.

Really? I love that Tranmere shirt. Very smart.

All football shirts should have proper collars.

I distinctly remember the laughter at Roots Hall in the summer of 1995 when Southend came out to play Spurs in a pre-season friendly wearing the kit which would forever be known as the 'custard splat'

PA-203063.jpg

Advertisement