Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thai take away food?

Options
  • 30-03-2013 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi boardies. First time poster here. Mod, please move if needed.

I'm from Southeast Asia and I often eat rice, fish, lots of vegs.

I like to cook my meals at home. I think its healthier because of so many reasons. I love eating out in good restaurants but I don't like takeaway food, especially Chinese.

Last week, I cooked chicken, bacon,broccoli pasta bake with cream and sun dried tomatoes paste for my boyfriend( Irish) and he loves it. Today we bought Thai duck noodles from a take away restaurant which says No MSG. My noodle tasted quite nice but I was so thirsty after that, I've been drinking lots of water since so I think there must be some MSG in it.

My boyfriend said those take away dishes are healthier than my homemade food( chicken pasta baked I've mentioned above). I was a bit disappointed :-P but just wondering what do you guys think? Is he right? My opinion in Take away food is wrong?

With take away food. I don't know what oil they use to cook my food or if they wash the vegs well or if their hands and kitchen are clean enough never mind where the meat and vegs come from.

I agree its very convenient and it tastes great when I'm drunk but I don't think Thai take away is healthier than what you are cooking at home(no ready made microwave food). Any food lovers agree with me on this ;-)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Most Asian take away and restaurant food in Ireland is very high in salt and sugar and often fat. That's why so many people love it!

As long as you didn't go crazy with the cream, I'd imagine your home cooked food is far healthier than the average take away. Ask your boyfriend to explain exactly how he thinks this take away is healthier - I'm sure he won't have a reasonable answer because I suspect he's talking carp!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You could have been thirsty because of simply salt, not necessarily MSG.

Some Thai dishes are healthy, some aren't. It depends in exactly what's in it.

That said, a homemade pasta bake with pasta, bacon, cream, etc wouldn't be very healthy either.

Advertisement