Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noob tips

• 30-03-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, iv been looking at videos on YouTube and picking up some tips but I thought I read somewhere there is 50 small multiplayer tutorials too but I can't find them. I'm still not sure about hot keys, shortcuts and things like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 isopara

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPW1oxf-pY2z_TlIpqbP5QU_R940oevX9
    These tutorials got me from bronze to plat might be outdated but its got all races covered and apollo knows what hes talking about. filtersc also did some tutorials and has a new one up for terran http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vng8ZYH8RMU&list=PLyRd56uoh38q4rBlQzYrkSUYogfsLV98B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

thanks for the links isopara, I just started playing this (WOL) on multiplayer and am getting hammered, i have been trying some of filtersc's tips but need way more practice. I came up against a guy today with thors and battleships after about 12 mins when i was marine rushing him, that was a quick end to that match. Hope the above links will help me along a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've had such a fall from grace since HotS game out. Dredging the Bronze league, getting my a$$ handed to me often.

I'm only on WOL and getting my ass handed to me, W3 L11 I think. Been trying some of the tips in the youtube links above but still a long way off getting them right. struggling with hotkeys and knowing how to defend against certain opposition units. Good fun though even if it is frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I'm only on WOL and getting my ass handed to me, W3 L11 I think. Been trying some of the tips in the youtube links above but still a long way off getting them right. struggling with hotkeys and knowing how to defend against certain opposition units. Good fun though even if it is frustrating.

Keep practising. The game requires a lot of practise in order to perfect your mechanical skills. Concentrate on constantly building workers and not getting supply blocked. Use hot keys as much as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

What rank are you? In the lower leagues, building more stuff than the other guy usually equates to wins. So just keep worker production going at all times, keep your money low and avoid being supply blocked.

Grimebox wrote: »
    What rank are you? In the lower leagues, building more stuff than the other guy usually equates to wins. So just keep worker production going at all times, keep your money low and avoid being supply blocked.

I'm in bronze league and pretty far down. Iv won 3 and lost 12 I think. I'm starting to see why I'm losing each game which I suppose is something. Some of it is that I'm too slow at production, other times I'm not sure how to defend against certain units. I played one guy today who had 250 games played, thought it was a bit unfair really. Maybe I'm trying too much like tanks, banshees etc, maybe I should just stick to marines and marauders for now

• Registered Users Posts: 47 UntidyIntent

You can message me online if u like and we can look over some of your replays

matchmaking is crazy at times, im a lowly bronze player and i end up playing a guy who is 5th in a silver league.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

matchmaking is crazy at times, im a lowly bronze player and i end up playing a guy who is 5th in a silver league.

Not unusual really. The skill difference between bronze-silver is negligible.

Playing against people from a higher league is a good sign too, it usually means the system is testing you to see if you can be promoted.

• Advertisement

murphzor wrote: »
    Not unusual really. The skill difference between bronze-silver is negligible.

Playing against people from a higher league is a good sign too, it usually means the system is testing you to see if you can be promoted.

They actually altered the ranking system recently so bronze covers only 8% of players now. Bronze used to have people who had no idea how to play the game whatsoever with some people who knew the ropes to an extent. Now bronze is just those complete beginners. I'm sure you know all this already murph: http://us.battle.net//sc2/en/blog/9067510

I know some people who got promoted to gold recently and I just send them that :pac:

Good chance you'll be promoted to silver soon DeSelby83

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

Oh right didn't know that.

lol noob

thanks for all the tips guys, im only playing WOL and it looks like that % isnt affected by that new system. i don't think I'll be getting promoted anytime soon, I wont get to play much between now and after exams. probably not the best timing to try and get into starcraft haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

thanks for all the tips guys, im only playing WOL and it looks like that % isnt affected by that new system. i don't think I'll be getting promoted anytime soon, I wont get to play much between now and after exams. probably not the best timing to try and get into starcraft haha

You can add me on BattleNet if you like, sounds like we're evenly matched. I'm like 7W 21L or similar at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm in bronze league and pretty far down. Iv won 3 and lost 12 I think. I'm starting to see why I'm losing each game which I suppose is something. Some of it is that I'm too slow at production, other times I'm not sure how to defend against certain units. I played one guy today who had 250 games played, thought it was a bit unfair really. Maybe I'm trying too much like tanks, banshees etc, maybe I should just stick to marines and marauders for now

The below video helped me at the start with certain things,
    I've not played online in ages though....I actually enjoy watching more than I play
    Day9 has 100's of helpful "newbie tuesday" videos

Advertisement