Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless network only working wired now

Options
  • 30-03-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, have TP-Link modem router, and up til two days ago was working great.

Have checked with ISP that connection is fine, they say yes.
    Checked with changing to different modem, and same problem there, so looks like computer issue. However it is not working on two computers that were working fine, so I am trying to establish whether randomly two computers went haywire at the same time, or if another problem.

I have reset router several times during working with ISP, and modem tech support.

My iphone connects most of the time, but right now I can't connect (probrably I have wrong encryption key written down now.)

The laptop cannot connect to the TP-link even hardwired. So no idea what is going on there.

My notebook seems to have lost driver software for the broadcom network adaptor,

SO
    firstly how do I get this driver software reinstalled.... Trying to search through device manager fails.

or any other ideas as to what might be going on?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Could you clarify how many machines are involved ? You are mentioning 2 computers, laptop, NetBoot......

Also when you say you have 'reset' what exactly have you done?

Have you tried setting up a new wifi network? Can your working machine see the wifi network?

You should be able to download up to date drivers from the manufacturers website.

Did you by any chance update antivirus or firewall software prior to this happening?

Advertisement