Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change vodafone Ip address.

• 30-03-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

i have been blocked from going on a clothing store in the US for some reason. i contacted the website and they said to get your IP address changed.

Is this easy to do or do i need to contact Vodafone.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

cosher10 wrote: »
    Hi,

i have been blocked from going on a clothing store in the US for some reason. i contacted the website and they said to get your IP address changed.

Is this easy to do or do i need to contact Vodafone.

thanks

Turning your modem off for 5mins should give you a new IP address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

SickBoy wrote: »
    Turning your modem off for 5mins should give you a new IP address.

Highly unlikely!!

OP , have you looked at using a proxy to get an IP address?, googling proxy on this forum should give you useful links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Highly unlikely!!

OP , have you looked at using a proxy to get an IP address?, googling proxy on this forum should give you useful links.

Very likely, Vodafone issues dynamic IP's, it changes every few days. A simple reboot will force it to get a new IP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I'd say the problem the OP has is the US website is blocking non US IPs, maybe have a look at the following:

http://whatismyipaddress.com/using-proxies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

The OP has to give more information rather than "it doesn't work" type description...
    Does the website give you any sort of error message for instance?

Vodafone IPs are dynamic and change every day iirc and certainly change if you power off the modem, same as eircom (as that's how DSL works)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cosher10

hi thanks again folks i rebooted and got a new ip address. there also could be something to do with the cookies storing or flash drive or something like that i dont really understand it to be honest. suppose just want to delete my history that should wrk.

Advertisement