Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Bag

Options
  • 30-03-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭

HI there,

Was looking around on wiggle etc but thought I would get a more experienced answer on boards!

Basically, I'm starting to run to/from work (3-10k depending on route/mood), I arrange that I have left my clothes in my office. Obviously I still need to carry in wallet/phone/keys etc but I don't have a good small running bag that doesn't bounce around on my back (I'm quite skinny so even with straps tight on my standard cycling bag, there is still slack enough for it to bounce around annoyingly)

I see lots of people with tidy little bags on their backs running around, and I want one! What are the called? or any good suggestions?

As mentioned, I did look on wiggle but I had two problems, there were lots with hydration kits (something I don't need) and I also saw a few bags in the section that I know to be big and bouncy and not what I want. It's so hard to tell from a picture!

Any recommendations from the wise old folk of boards?

thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Depends on how much you want to spend, I was in Sports World yesterday and I seen something very similar to this for €16/18.
    I personally have a Deuter 12+3 and it's on sale in Great Outdoors until Tues for €64.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Depends on how much you want to spend, I was in Sports World yesterday and I seen something very similar to this for €16/18.
    I personally have a Deuter 12+3 and it's on sale in Great Outdoors until Tues for €64.

Thanks, yeah should have said budget of maybe €30...so that first one doesn't look too bad. Although I could easily be upsold to the other link you provided. lol

crisco10 wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah should have said budget of maybe €30...so that first one doesn't look too bad. Although I could easily be upsold to the other link you provided. lol

Short distances the cheaper one is worth a punt, longer and the likes of the airflow system in Deuter adds to the comfort.

this deuter isn't much over 30 euro (free delivery). have it myself. perfect for running and you can fit a good bit of stuff in it for 10l. also better to have back more packed so stuff doesn't move inside so 10l is perfect.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-speed-lite-10l-rucksack-hydration-compatible/

glasso wrote: »
    this deuter isn't much over 30 euro (free delivery). have it myself. perfect for running and you can fit a good bit of stuff in it for 10l. also better to have back more packed so stuff doesn't move inside so 10l is perfect.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-speed-lite-10l-rucksack-hydration-compatible/

Thanks! looks like the one for me...

• Advertisement

Thanks! looks like the one for me...

save yourself a few bob here before Tues, 2 colours left.

Follow up on this, go the deuter recommended above. Perfect! Fits the essentials and even a towel and t-shirt if packed well!

Advertisement