Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafes in City

Options
  • 30-03-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I'm planning on going for a snack with a friend next week and was wondering where a good place to sit down with nice and reasonably priced food/drink is? I've heard good things about Gulpd, Georgie's and L.A. bagel in particular. Anyone got any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-half-door-cafe/207363099343567

small place, very reasonably priced and a little bit of charachter on french church street. Great for a quick bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Bookshelf on South Mall is decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

eco cafe in the web workhouse on winthrop st. Place is always busy though.

I also recommend Gulpd in the triskel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

bleach94 wrote: »
    I'm planning on going for a snack with a friend next week and was wondering where a good place to sit down with nice and reasonably priced food/drink is? I've heard good things about Gulpd, Georgie's and L.A. bagel in particular. Anyone got any other recommendations?

A minor gripe maybe but both times I've been to L.A Bagel recently the staff would loudly bang out the coffee grounds into the bin, not just gentle taps but proper bangs, metal on metal! I'm not particularly sensitive to noise but found this very distracting and annoying, everywhere else manages to do this in a less noticeable fashion. The bagels themselves were very nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

14a Restaurant located on French Church St is lovely. They do a great lunch special of soup and half a toasted sandwich for €6.50. Very friendly staff and tasty menu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Idaho Cafe nom nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I don't like Idaho, really cramped and pricey for what you get I find...Cafe Gusto on Washington St has nice food, and the Bookshelf is a gorgeous little place!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Gusto is a fab spot, really interesting/tasy food and easy to graze there over a few hours in the evening. Can be busy with limited seating but worth a wait.

Also really like Italee across from Milano's on Oliver Plunket Street, ran by a Italian family, food is good and coffee is top notch.

Martin.

Advertisement