Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS XL €150! [Amazon.it]

Options
  • 30-03-2013 1:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Found this 3DS XL for only €150 from Amazon Italy. It seems to go through to the payment with free delivery and my Irish address. So maybe it will ship? Great bargain if it does considering it retails for €200+ over here. Also, anyone got any experience from ordering off any of the non-UK Amazon's? [.es, .fr, .de, .it etc.]
    Link:
    http://www.amazon.it/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Console-Argento/dp/B008H3F6QA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1364647164&sr=8-3
    After Google translated it, it seemed to get all the currencies mixed up :P
    "SRP: EUR 199.90
    Price: £ 149.00 Free Shipping . Details
    Save: U.S. $ 50.90 (25%)"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

The boyfriend ordered a Galaxy Nexus phone off Amazon.de a short while back..
    No problems whatsoever!

Good deal, thanks for posting!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

The boyfriend ordered a Galaxy Nexus phone off Amazon.de a short while back..
    No problems whatsoever!

Good deal, thanks for posting!
    So he just ordered and it posted to ROI with no issues? So no Parcel Motel or anything. Thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

You dont need PM if they ship worldwide(or EU). Got PS vita from Germany without any porblems(+2% diff in tax)

loki7777 wrote: »
    You dont need PM if they ship worldwide(or EU). Got PS vita from Germany without any porblems(+2% diff in tax)

Well it goes through to the payment stage so it must deliver to ROI. Thanks for your reply

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Ordered one there. €161.70 with shipping. No free delivery options like the uk site. It should ship no problem.

• Advertisement

Yawns wrote: »
    Ordered one there. €161.70 with shipping. No free delivery options like the uk site. It should ship no problem.
    Very nice! Off the link I posted for €150? It showed €150 with free delivery for me.

Yeah, the link you posted. No option for free delivery for me at checkout.

Yeah, the link you posted. No option for free delivery for me at checkout.
    Hmm, alright well keep me posted it being Amazon you should expect it soon :)

Google translate of the free shipping options:
    Place an order is greater than or equal to EUR 19 with destination Italy, the Republic of San Marino and the Vatican City and the shipping will be free.

Still for €162, it's a good price. €225 is cheapest I've seen it so far in shops here.

Even second hand they are going for about €160. Happy enough with the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Got some headphones through Amazon.it months ago.
    Delivery to ROI no hassle, but no free delivery.

Saved around 40 quid too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I'll sell ye my American ds for 150. It's 3ds. Never used did not know it was region locked

Still for €162, it's a good price. €225 is cheapest I've seen it so far in shops here.

Even second hand they are going for about €160. Happy enough with the deal.

Alright thank you all. I will be hopefully buying it towards the end of the month. Hope the offer is still available. So all the Nintendo documentation will be in Italian so? Debating whether to upgrade from my 3ds.

Everything will be in Italian. This will be for the kid, so I'll just change the language settings and setup an r4 card with mario games and he'll be good to go. I might even be evil and put it away for christmas this year :D

cena wrote: »
    I'll sell ye my American ds for 150. It's 3ds. Never used did not know it was region locked
    I already have a 3DS interested in the XL. Thanks for the offer though.

Everything will be in Italian. This will be for the kid, so I'll just change the language settings and setup an r4 card with mario games and he'll be good to go. I might even be evil and put it away for christmas this year :D
    I already have all the documentation so no worries :P and I presume the Club Nintendo code will work regardless of region. Don't use r4! Support the devs that make the great games and besides with the latest update you could actually brick the device. But again, up to yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I already have a 3DS interested in the XL. Thanks for the offer though.

Anyone want it pm me. Looking to get rid of it.

cena wrote: »
    Anyone want it pm me. Looking to get rid of it.

eBay would be your best bet I think. Good Luck.

Forgot to mention, with this link it seems you don't get a charger with it. No biggie to me, just a heads up for others. I've already used updated R4 cards for the 3ds XL's before with no issues. The kid has an old DSi with the r4 card it atm. I actually own the games, just have a backup of them on the r4 card and have the games up out of reach as he was forever losing them. I'll be doing the same with this too.

I'd rather support companies like Nintendo rather than the likes of Sony, who like to implement DRM..

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

this is a great deal...thanks op for posting
    i need 2 of these...twins...
    i'm not a tech person and don't have ds's yet in this house, so just checking it's easy enough to change the settings from italian to english?

• Advertisement

very easy to change the language.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_settings.jsp

Open the above link and save it as a bookmark. When you get the 3DS XL, just open it and follow the steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ordered one on the 20th of March. Will hopefully have by tomorrow. Stupid easter weekends.

Actually here is a link to the English manual. It's pdf format so you may need software to read it if you don't have it already. Google Adobe Reader if you cannot get the following file to open.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/SPR_EN_NA.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

Actually here is a link to the English manual. It's pdf format so you may need software to read it if you don't have it already. Google Adobe Reader if you cannot get the following file to open.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/SPR_EN_NA.pdf

thanks so much, this gaming is all new to me:)

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Ordered one on the 20th of March. Will hopefully have by tomorrow. Stupid easter weekends.

Mind keeping me posted? I'd love to know how ye get on

Forgot to mention, with this link it seems you don't get a charger with it. No biggie to me, just a heads up for others. I've already used updated R4 cards for the 3ds XL's before with no issues. The kid has an old DSi with the r4 card it atm. I actually own the games, just have a backup of them on the r4 card and have the games up out of reach as he was forever losing them. I'll be doing the same with this too.

I'd rather support companies like Nintendo rather than the likes of Sony, who like to implement DRM..

Ah I see, well I suppose thats a good idea having a backup its just a shame that's not what most people with r4's do with them.

Mind giving me a thanks everyone? Y'know show me yer support :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Mind keeping me posted? I'd love to know how ye get on

Ya sure. Hopefully I will get on okay.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83690151
    Ordered it when 1st BA appeared about it- worked out about 161 euro -was delivered no probs- great deal!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Forgot to mention, with this link it seems you don't get a charger with it. No biggie to me, just a heads up for others. ..
    No charger with the XL full stop so don't worry about that, this is everything you would get on the shelf here for 60 or 70 quid cheaper, fantastic bargain!

Advertisement