Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB port not working

Options
  • 30-03-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend spilt her drink the other night, some got into the USB port. Lucky the pc was not on, I turned it upside down for 24 hours and made sure it was dry before powering it on.
    I have four usb ports, and one is not working, it has power going to it, I can charge my phone but not much else.
    Its coming up on device manager as an unknown device saying 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)'.
    Any ideas on how to fix it or is it a lost cause?
    Thanks.
    Chris.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭whizbang

clean it.

bit of paper folded until it just fits, and some Alcohol, acetone, or similar stuff will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

whizbang wrote: »
    clean it.

bit of paper folded until it just fits, and some Alcohol, acetone, or similar stuff will do the job.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Advertisement