Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big hair donuts in Penneys?

• 30-03-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭

I spotted these recently and wondered what your thoughts on them are?

I have the "normal-sized" ones and they are great, but surely no person has enough NATURAL hair to wrap around the newer ones???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

My (much) youinger cousin wears these. She buys stripes of fake hair extensions somewhere (most likely Pennys) and uses this with her own hair to ge the effect she wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I presumed you needed extensions to cover the donut completely; do they look good though or a bit ridiculous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

They suit her but the hair she buys matches her perfectly and the size of the bun seems to suit her and her style. I know however it would look awful on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I do :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

I got one of the XL hair donuts up at the Irish Beauty Show recently for a tenner which I was delighted with as I had been looking for one for ages.

I have fairly long hair so I can use it without the need for extensions. Just about mind! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

If your hair is long enough it works. I backcomb my hair when I have it pulled through, this helps thicken the hair up to hide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lightbluesky

The big hair donuts are great, worth trying for anyone with long hair and inexpensive in Pennys! I have long thick hair and the normal size donuts just aren't big enough, your left with a lot of excess hair to wrap around the underneath of the bun! Effortlessly fab hairstyle:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I have one and it works well on me. My hair is long and I just backcomb it and wrap it around. It gives a very different look to the normal sized donuts but it's nice if you do it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

me too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Thinking of purchasing....how much are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

If you don't have extremely long hair, you can pick up extensions that aren't the exact colour of your hair & wrap them around the donut. Then pop it over your ponytail & wrap your own hair over the top, so you don't see the extensions!

Thanks a mill guys, I have long hair but was worried I'd struggle wrapping it round. I've spotted those Penneys extension and they actually look really good, especially for the price, so I might pick a set up and give them a go :)

They're €2 or €3 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

me too and I must say love them!

Well I bit the bullet; it was cheap as chips so even if it didn't work out for me it wouldn't have been a big deal.I miraculously have enough hair to cover it and it looks really good, I'm dead impressed :)Here's a photo of my first attempt trying it:

1-2_zps406f4b76.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

seen a girl with very little hair before who had a donut totally covered in extensions but it had fallen off her head and her mate was trying to attach it back on - have enough grips if you're trying this look!

Definitely!! Nothing looks worse than the mesh showing through, so use plenty of bobby pins so that your hair won't budge!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

I wear these all the time as I have to have a bun for work, my tip is to bring the donut to the end of your ponytail and twist it inside out until it meets your head. Its really secure, I never need to use bobby pins with it and its really easy to maneouvre the hair all the way around the bun. My hair is long but very thin and this is the only way to get all my hair to spread properly and stay. I live in mine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I ordered one of these "magic bun hair twist" things below as well as a big hair donut. Both 99p on ebay. Not sure how they will work as I have very long curly hair but worth a punt for the price!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzdFNmKUkTNVnLuSwKefCZvy2p7tTWJwClPoyYF8vrGyr02URG

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have a lot of hair for the regular donut so use some little flower clips to hide the lumps and bumps. They're like these, got em in H&M.

0.jpg

And these to keep it all in

bobby+pin.jpg

Definitely going to try the biiig donut!

Advertisement