Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a Company - For Contracting

Options
  • 30-03-2013 3:14pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with information on setting up a Company. I don't want to set up as a Sole Trader, which would be more suitable. I would like to eventually expand the operation in time and would like to set up a LTD company with the view to taking on people.

I'm just wondering what exactly I need to do. I know a limited company will need Directors, a Secretary and a fixed address. I'm just curious about the process and will I need to employ a Solicitor and Accountant from the start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

No need for a solicitor, accountant is required.

I had a company formation agent, which my accountant recommended, deal with everything for a fee of approx €300 (2004).

I know people who did not go this route and instead dealt with the CRO directly but in my opinion the fee that a company formation agent was money well spent as it expedited the whole process and took the stress and worry out of my hands

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭cluelessx2

My accountant set the whole thing up for me. Needed 2 directors, one of whom can be the Secretary, so no need for too many people at the beginning.

Advertisement