Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Avermedia Live Gamer HD, any advise.

Options
  • 30-03-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

I've watching tons of reviews and game tests from youtube they have been good and bad spots. Some were a waste of my time.

I want a PCI-E as I don't want to have to edit every thing to re-sync the sound and video from external players. USB can only deliver at a certain speed which it is only a little pain really, however if it's streaming live then it's a hassle. plus I only want it to stream from a PC, not recording from any console games.

Also the fact the if I set it up to be compressed I'll be able the have at least 4GB for 40-50 mins. Instead of uncompressed which is 5-10 times it's size.

CPU is nearly non-existant went recording a stream. if you have fraps you'd notice it straight away. Thus zero FPS loss like fraps has. It's hardware Vs software.

I know the cost is pretty high for this. I seems well worth it. I know the older card don't have h.286. but too many analogue heh. It was down to an Elgato at the end which it has a leading thing with the USB button which I must admit I really do like. I do know that there is some scratchy noise from some peoples setup, but a splitter will fix that if I have it.

So after all that any advise to a editting/recording n00b? is the card really that good or bad or is there another one that is better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jacksepticeye

The card is great, I got one a few months back and it's helped immensely in recording since, just hit that big red button and away she goes.
    The software can be buggy as all hell though at times and sometimes it will tell you it can't record and must be restarted and I have no idea why still.
    It can also only record 30 fps at 1080p but 60fps at 720p so if you need 60 ps at 1080p then this is not a good card.But youtube is only 30 so it's perfect for me.
    What I do like is the ability to record a commentary mic and game audio separate, it's one of the best features of the card.
    One thing to note is that the pass through of HDMI can be a bit crappy and show almost a double or blurry image on text and stuff like that. So I had to re-wire it up as a second monitor rather than pass through.

Here is a video I recorded with it recently if you want to see some of the quality of it, thought rendering took a hit to it too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFWN9ggUDdg

but still it's a very good card and saved me a lot of hassle especially compatibility and file sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

I thought it could do 60 fps at 1024p? anyway I'm pretty much going to run it at 30fps, 60 would double the size heh. The closest thing to FPS will be minecraft, everything else will be RTS really.

Advertisement