Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awear

Options
  • 30-03-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Ok so paddys day I bought a bag in awear, and i cant find the receipt but now the strap has come loose now it doesnt affect the functionality of the bag but it's just annoying as I've only used it for two days, question is will I be able for exchange refund without receipt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

They might accept a bank statement as proof of purchase or if you remember the date and time they might be able to look it up on their computer. In any case since its faulty they should do it for you without a receipt as it will still be current stock and therefore that will narrow down the purchase to the last few months. When I worked in retail anything that came back within six months was usually replaced. Best thing you could do is ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Proof of purchase is only required if the retailer wants it, but it doesn't need be a receipt, e.g if you paid by card you could show a bank statement. If you paid cash then you don't have proof but some retailers might just look it up on their systems if you can give them the date/time of sale. Just explain and ask nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'd just phone and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hedgehog21

I bought it with cash sadly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It's worth asking them. If it's a line they sell, and few or no other retailers carry it, they might take it on trust. Or they might choose to believe you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would pop in with the bag if I were you. Normally awear stuff have their own name on the tags. Without the receipt they might offer you a replacement or the value put on a gift card/credit note.

I normally find awear decent enough to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

Pretty sure awear only sell their stuff. Does your garment have an awear label on it? If so it shouldn't matter which store you walk into, if its faulty they should refund you (probably will be store credit) or they may replace/mend it for you. Just ring them or go in in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hedgehog21

Brought it in today, yup it had the awear on it, They refunded it no problem. I was quite surprised, pleasantly so actually :)
    thanks guys for ye'e input

Advertisement