Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC and Origin problems

Options
  • 30-03-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a 120gig Kingston SSD as my C:\ drive and I run a few apps which takes up about 80 gigs. I installed Origin with BF3 Ultimate and within 2 days it has bloated to 34gigs. My SSD has less than 6 gigs left. I have a 500gig Sata for an E:\ drive and a 1 TB for an F:\ drive but I understand that origin insists on being on the C:\ drive. Is that the case? I'm sure I mailed origin before about it and was told Origin has to be on the C drive. Has anyone managed to install it on a drive other than the C drive.
    TIA John

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just change the location in the Origin options, to install the games elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

battlefield on its own is ~34.2gb
    you can change were the games are saved by going to
    origin > applicaiton settings in origin.

I would suggest though, that any of the other applications you have installed on you ssd, to move them to you other drive if you can, as Battlefield will most likely run better while on your ssd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not much difference between SSD and normal, i have it on SSD and tbh i dont notice anything much better.

its fixed my load times

Advertisement