Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eitrcom modem

Options
  • 30-03-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i have an eircom wireles modem model Zy XEL and about 10 meters from the modem the signal strength drops considerably, Is there a modem that will give a strong signal up to 20 meters or more from where its connected to phone line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭dmc17

I have the same modem. It's a terrible pile of sh1te.

I was thinking about getting this one.
    Does anyone know if it'll work with eircom bb?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

i have an eircom wireles modem model Zy XEL and about 10 meters from the modem the signal strength drops considerably, Is there a modem that will give a strong signal up to 20 meters or more from where its connected to phone line

is your router near a cordless phone, microwave oven or tv signal sender? these devices will severely impact wifi signal strengths.

if you do buy a new adsl modem get a wireless N full type... they have 300metre range and are awesome.

netgear or link-sys do great ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

make sure its a dual band type 'n' because if it isnt as soon as one wireless 'g' type device connects it reverts back to 'g' and the lower speeds of that standard

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

dmc17 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it'll work with eircom bb?

any adsl2 modem will work with eircom

use these settings

If your modem isn’t listed above, then you will need to ensure that it supports PPPoE (Point to Point over Ethernet), and enter the correct settings shown below.

Username eircom@eircom.net
    Password
    broadband1
    Encapsulation
    PPPoE
    Multiplexing
    LLC Based
    VPI
    VCI
    Primary DNS
    Secondary DNS

Advertisement