Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to watch the NHL on tv

• 30-03-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

just wondering what the cheapest package I can get is? I was looking at a setanta 1 package of 15 yoyo a month but then I have to subscribe to a upc bundle which ends up costing me around the 50 mark. (currently I don't have any digital tv just the 15 usual channels)

Anyone tried out the gamecenter app for the ps3? I see it is largely 'out of market' games, so I'm assuming they wont show you anything that setanta has bought?

The upc package seems the only option but I'd really only be watching the nhl, and at that when I can watch it live at a reasonable hour so shelling out a few hundred quid a year for it seems a bit pricey.

I get the feeling though that this is just the case?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Check out plus1hd.com as I use it for all sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PMC83

Cheers but honestly I'm looking for something legit I can watch on the tv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

PMC83 wrote: »
    Cheers but honestly I'm looking for something legit I can watch on the tv

I don't know how legit it is or isn't.

I hook it up to my tv via my macbook.

It costs about €9 a month and I've used it for quite a few months now.

Great quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

The only way to watch on tv is the setanta sports channel, they only show a selection of 15 games a week the gamecenter live package has all the other games, though unfortunately this year any game on setanta is blacked out.
    If you buy the gamecenter live you can watch the games on any of the apps for iphones, xbox or playstation aswell.
    If you use the gamecenter you won't be able to watch most of the playoffs live due to them all being on setanta.

Advertisement