Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Starting Help

• 30-03-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I have started Hurling, but I live up north were hurling support/teams are sparse and rare. I was just wondering if anybody has any basic skill exercises I could try at home or in a field with a basic caman and sliotar. I want to master the basics first before I go to my nearest team which is semi-professional.. All help appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭.skid

Step 1: Find a wall.
    Step 2: Hit the ball off the wall repeatedly,left and right side everyday. That's all there is to it. Just try to stay light on your feet and step as you hit it. Try hitting on the run too and shorten your grip. Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Just to add to the above try trowing your sliotar up into the air and catching it, firstly just with either hand and then when you are comfortable with it try it with your hurley in your weaker hand to defend your catching hand and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kilmac14

Hi ConallT, there's lots of helpful views on drills that you can do by yourself or with friends on the GAA website,into Youthzone and video room. There's plenty of helpful videos on the basic skills of the game.

Happy hurling!!

Advertisement