Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Techniques

• 30-03-2013 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how all of you are studying? I must admit I'm finding it difficult to learn anything at the moment :( It's all in one ear and out the other! I'm hoping that you guys might be able to give me a few tips because you all seemed to do really well in your Mocks :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Exam Papers... thats what my teachers all say, once you go over a topic answer the past questions from ever year , you can begin to see overlaps , what they generally always ask. It is also good because you are writing and thinking about the answers instead of just looking at pages- hopefully it might help you to remember the answers better- they might not go out the other ear :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Exam Papers, exam papers and exam papers, and go through your notes as you answer each question

Did I mention you should go through exam papers?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how all of you are studying? I must admit I'm finding it difficult to learn anything at the moment :( It's all in one ear and out the other! I'm hoping that you guys might be able to give me a few tips because you all seemed to do really well in your Mocks :P

Sounds like you are not an aural learner.
    Find your learning style and then work within that.
    Perhaps you are a visual learner - mind maps etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Do one of these and then follow the tips for your learning style.

http://www.wright.edu/~carole.endres/learnstyles.htm
    Infanct do a few different learning style tests the one I've linked isnt the best.

Me, Im a kinaesthetic learner. When I study I use flash cards, I throw a ball around, I work standing up and I walk around a lot. Then when I think I know something I sit down and do an exam paper q and I correct it. If its perfect I move on to the next topic, if not I go over it until it is. Then later on I'll do a similar question orally just to quickly go over it, same again the next day, and a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SuperSayian

Thanks so much for all your answers! :D
    I haven't been doing the exam paper questions so maybe that was my downfall :P
    I'll definitely do that test decisions :) thanks very much for linking it :)
    Spurious, I'd say I probably am a visual learner because I do like mind maps haha thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement