Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what category does this fall into ?

Options
  • 30-03-2013 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I wanna make this type of music . Im just wondering what category itd fall under . Heres a rough recording by no means finished .
    Or do you know of any bands doing this type of stuff I could listen to . Its a song about captain beefheart but not really his style of music I think.

http://m.soundcloud.com/qwerty-irl/go-get-the-captain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

If you are concerned about what category your music falls into you are doing it wrong. Just make whatever sounds good to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cantfloat

Yeah but itd be nice to know .
    A band wanted ad would look a bit silly with "music that I make in the title " .
    Ive been struggling a while to make something with the sound I want . Id also find it easier then to find bands who are similar that I could buy . Itd save me making it . Im not pushed on selling it or anything .
    Itd be nice to listen to the professionals who do this type of stuff .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cantfloat

That narrows it down a bit . Better get a super serious suit . Still though 22 people listened to it and nobody said they liked it so I may have to put it in the bin category with everything else Ive written .:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

cantfloat wrote: »
    That narrows it down a bit . Better get a super serious suit . Still though 22 people listened to it and nobody said they liked it so I may have to put it in the bin category with everything else Ive written .:mad:
    If you're just looking for people to listen to and comment on your music there is no point. Nobody listens to other people's music on the internet because there are literally thousands and thousands of people joining internet forums just to shove their music in people's faces. If you want people to listen to your music go busking or play an open-mike night or something, you might get some better feedback then.

Advertisement