Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You 'feels' you lose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Twitter-425df1.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

6TlXH6z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

429793.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

441971.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

442415.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'm a big fan of The Boss but I only came across this recently, it's the intro to the song really (though the song itself is a classic), it's the delivery of the story, the slow music in the background.

• Advertisement

funny-animals-10-2.jpg

guaymIP.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

5708_27cd_600.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Ah jaysus.
    Bailey Sellers' 21st birthday is tinged with sadness as she's received a final bouquet of flowers from her dead father.

He pre-paid for a floral delivery each year since he died from cancer when she was just 16.

She's been receiving them with a note for the past five years.

_98935859_baileynote.jpg

alzheimers-progression-crochet-wuillermania-1-5a1e899077f50__700.jpg

"A 34-year-old Reddit user from Camden, New Jersey, just posted a photo that illustrates her own mother’s battle with Alzheimer’s, and it’s absolutely heartbreaking to look at. Using 14 crocheted squares made during the 2 years following her diagnosis, the woman shows the slow progression of her mother’s condition – and her fading abilities to complete the skill she once loved. “…She made squares for a while, then the circles, then the little pieces of crochet, until she got to the point where she just carried around the needles and yarn in her purse,” the user writes on Reddit. “It has been a few years since she was able to speak and several since she was able to identify who I am.”"

Back to the animal theme:

These are photos of a stray dog just after she was rescued, she had to be sedated so that the vets could shave off all that matter fur safely:

Rescued-puppy-gets-free-of-excess-hair-and-the-result-will-thrill-you-5a1f18c6e2ef0__880.jpg

Rescued-puppy-gets-free-of-excess-hair-and-the-result-will-thrill-you-5a1f18d0e8a93__880.jpg

Rescued-puppy-gets-free-of-excess-hair-and-the-result-will-thrill-you-5a1f18e1e2f58__880.jpg

And this is her, after she received some of the TLC she so badly needed:

Rescued-puppy-gets-free-of-excess-hair-and-the-result-will-thrill-you-5a1f1903a26bc__880.jpg

Rescued-puppy-gets-free-of-excess-hair-and-the-result-will-thrill-you-5a1f190f34068__880.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 SummerHaze

<<snip>>

MOD NOTE: Please read the forum rules before posting.

• Advertisement

This fills me with rage and makes me incredibly sad in equal measure.

448841.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Chris Evans really is a legend. A true Captain America. Click the link in his tweet to get context.

https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/939976020479938562

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Chris Evans really is a legend. A true Captain America. Click the link in his tweet to get context.

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/939754929866117125

Those Keaton Jones replies are fantastic, but his mother is a Confederate Flag waving racist, the whole thing is going to get messy.

Not saying the bullying is right but alot of these offers will be pulled I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,547 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

razorblunt wrote: »
    Those Keaton Jones replies are fantastic, but his mother is a Confederate Flag waving racist, the whole thing is going to get messy.

Not saying the bullying is right but alot of these offers will be pulled I'd imagine.

I was walking in town today and met a guy about the age of that guy in the tweet and his father walking with him.

As I passed, them the father said to the young lad really loudly "Tell her to go f*ck herself. The fu*king b*tch".

I've no idea the context but this tweet came to mind. Maybe the father was telling his child how to deal with a bully, maybe he was talking about a teacher who had disciplined the child. I've no idea. But it did strike me how lots of children behave despicably because that is what they have been shown is acceptable behaviour.

I am not excusing bullies but I also think of their world which has brought them to be like that.

I hope this fellow sees the love coming his way over the tweet and can use that if he does end up seeing some right wing flag waving hatred which he is being told is normal.

I was walking in town today and met a guy about the age of that guy in the tweet and his father walking with him.

As I passed, them the father said to the young lad really loudly "Tell her to go f*ck herself. The fu*king b*tch".

I've no idea the context but this tweet came to mind. Maybe the father was telling his child how to deal with a bully, maybe he was talking about a teacher who had disciplined the child. I've no idea. But it did strike me how lots of children behave despicably because that is what they have been shown is acceptable behaviour.

I am not excusing bullies but I also think of their world which has brought them to be like that.

I hope this fellow sees the love coming his way over the tweet and can use that if he does end up seeing some right wing flag waving hatred which he is being told is normal.

Completely agree, the sins of the parents and all that.
    It's still an awful predicament and the kid could completely be an innocent party, but it's interesting that many of the first people to respond where black NFL players, whilst her Facebook has the flag and "I stand for the anthem" emblazoned across it.

There's a Go Fund Me that went past 55k in a couple of hours, hopefully its not going into the parent's pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,060 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

this is as much as I know about the story but I dont think the mother is what she is being portrayed as

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Whatever happens, you can be sure that that entire story will be hi-jacked by one side or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭blackwhite

razorblunt wrote: »

I think that someone gets branded a racist because a photo emerges of them posing with a flag sums up just how toxic much of social media has become.

• Advertisement

blackwhite wrote: »
    I think that someone gets branded a racist because a photo emerges of them posing with a flag sums up just how toxic much of social media has become.
    A flag that most didn't find offensive until quite recently when we were "educated" to believe it was.
    Thinking about the "Dukes of Hazzard" for example.

Advertisement