Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You 'feels' you lose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Mod: No backseat modding, Quazzie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

A love heart made out of sheep: Australian farmer pays tribute to his aunt - Irish Times

"Unfortunately, she didn’t make it,” Mr Jackson said. “At those times of grief, you feel really helpless, you don’t know what to do, what to say.

"Especially in these Covid times, no one can prepare for that border closure grief, not being able to say cheerio or be there when she passes. It’s pretty difficult."

Mr Jackson said the idea for the heart came to him while he was out feeding his sheep "supplementary tucker" as they are "quite pregnant and need a bit of extra TLC".

Actually making the heart took "three or four" attempts, Mr Jackson said, with his initial efforts turning out less than desirable.

"The first time I tried it looked like the sh*t emoji, I tell you, and whilst my Aunty Deb had a good sense of humour, that wasn’t exactly what I was going for," he said.

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭banie01

This has left me in a teary and bleary eyed mess, but in a good way.

I never promised my late wife a medal, never had much of a chance to promise her anything other than I'd make sure our boy was happy and that we'd never forget her 😉 I'd like to hope that thanks to my friends, family and a very understanding woman who picked up our pieces that we've done an ok job.

The animation sync here is beautiful, heartwarming and heartbreaking all at once.

More details of the story.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:o)

Mod: Worztron, don't push your luck.

• Advertisement

20 years

Also - WTF?!? 20 YEARS?!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

There was a thread recently, I think on 'you feel you loose' with stories from s website, all stories ended with something like 'makes you wonder/think. Does anyone know where that thread is?

The graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, who were not allowed to be buried together. On the Protestant part of this cemetery J.W.C van Gorcum, colonel of the Dutch Cavalry and militia commissioner in Limburg is buried. His wife, lady J.C.P.H van Aefferden is buried in the Catholic part. They were married in 1842, he was a protestant and didn’t belong to the nobility.

This caused quite a commotion in Roermond. After being married for 38 years the colonel died in 1880 and was buried on the protestant part of the cemetery against the wall. His wife died in 1888 and had decided not to be buried in the family tomb but on the other side of the wall, the closest she could get to her husband. Two clasped hands connect the graves across the wall

Religious apartheid!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Mod: I'm leaving this as a link only - NOT for the faint hearted, even though it ends well.

https://i.postimg.cc/qMmzQbt0/uUJtdNH.gif

Post edited by New Home on

Unregistered Users

Hint: look at the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

From Reddit: 'The last photo of my cat and dog before my cat passed'

---

Man, that's heart breaking. :'(

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Advertisement