Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You 'feels' you lose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Warning, will punch you right in the feels

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Beagles used for lab testing are freed and see the great outdoors and the sun for the first time.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but this is from the excellent documentary, Life in a Day.

This movie had so so many moments that really struck me and this was definitely one of them.

This is a shortened clip of it

This is a longer version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Seen this on FB earlier, and from his IMDB page
    In 2012, Ron Perlman once again endured the 4-hour makeup routine required to transform him into Hellboy--not for a sequel or other acting job but to fulfill the Make-A-Wish request of a six-year-old boy named Zachary who has leukemia. Creature effects house Spectral Motion applied Perlman's Hellboy makeup (and later, also made up Zachary as Hellboy as well), and then Zachary got to spend the day hanging out with "Hellboy.".
    543844_515360428551665_152385400_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

O9ofEXa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

998926_577751215613467_1242128268_n.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

1150260_578497342205521_1845729613_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

It is from this -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiderata

(Desiderata by Max Ehrmann)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

koth wrote: »
    998926_577751215613467_1242128268_n.jpg

Cos a 5yr old gives a sh1t about that sort of thing:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

yea, That fake story would have been WAY better if the wedding was a year off and the kid had cancer AND aids so was gonna die before hand...No wait, even a dying 5 year old doesn't give a fcuk about seeing his parent wedding..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They let him be preacher in just his pyjama bottoms?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

seamus wrote: »
    They let him be preacher in just his pyjama bottoms?

...any excuse for mammy to wear the gúna again, methinks....... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

5 yr old boy gets excited about wedding, I hate to be the one that breaks this to you, but your son is..............

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

AuoDCGS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh man ths got me good and proper.

http://vimeo.com/70426141

me too, I posted that in the BAWWWWWW thread.

How he loved her...

Jake1 wrote: »
    me too, I posted that in the BAWWWWWW thread.

How he loved her...

The Nickelback version of the song wasn't good, but the spirit he did it in was. But the saddest thing is the thought of him sitting alone in their home, without the woman that sat beside him for 75 years.

:(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

one thing i didnt like about that was it felt scripted to me, i think it was your man that was recording the song for him, in the hat, seemed like he was acting it :rolleyes:

1280481_656701474350867_2046100902_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

koth wrote: »
    1280481_656701474350867_2046100902_n.jpg

She was probably just copying what the trainer was doing.
    I'm dead inside.

Gokei wrote: »
    She was probably just copying what the trainer was doing.
    I'm dead inside.

Many years ago, they did a live chat on AOL with Koko the Gorilla, who has been taught sign language for years. It was amazing what she could respond to (her training typing her responses, or course). She understood every question put to her. When asked what she wanted for her birthday, she said "Food, Smokes", which meant she wanted treats for her kitten, Smoky. And she made up the word "finger bracelet" to say "ring", cause she didn't know the word ring...

Dickerty wrote: »
    Many years ago, they did a live chat on AOL with Koko the Gorilla, who has been taught sign language for years. It was amazing what she could respond to (her training typing her responses, or course). She understood every question put to her. When asked what she wanted for her birthday, she said "Food, Smokes", which meant she wanted treats for her kitten, Smoky. And she made up the word "finger bracelet" to say "ring", cause she didn't know the word ring...
    In not disputing the fact that our primate cousins are intelligent, I just can't get to her letting her trainer know "I am anatomically unable to shed a tear, but if I could, I would"
    I'm thinking that is more likely she was mimicing her trainer. But I wasn't there, so I'll shut up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Dickerty wrote: »
    She also famously blamed the kitten for ripping a sink off a wall.
    Gokei wrote: »
    In not disputing the fact that our primate cousins are intelligent, I just can't get to her letting her trainer know "I am anatomically unable to shed a tear, but if I could, I would"
    I'm thinking that is more likely she was mimicing her trainer. But I wasn't there, so I'll shut up now.

It's possible that she was simply stating what the trainer was doing, but she could also have understood that 'cry' is something humans do when sad and was expressing sympathy. We'll never know, but apes are known to be able to show empathy, even towards other species.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

tumblr_m6mooi08PD1r2zn66o1_500.jpg

An anthropologist proposed a game to children in an African tribe. He put a basket full of fruit near a tree and told the children that whoever got there first won the sweet fruits. When he told them to run, they all took each others hands and ran together, then sat together enjoying their treats.

When he asked them why they had run like that when one could have had all the fruits for himself, they said, ‘UBUNTU, how can one of us be happy if all the other ones are sad?’ (‘UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

DtIYmUJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

As cool as this story is, unfortunately most of it is incorrect. Stallone had already appeared in a few dodgy soft-core flicks, had written and appeared in a few episodes of big TV shows and had a couple of leading roles and appearances in a few movies by the time he wrote Rocky. The homelessness and bus station did happen but this was several years before he wrote the Rocky script. Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

This is one of the greatest things I have ever watched.

Take the time, watch it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Didn't have a clue which thread to put this one in. Maybe not as "feels" as other posts, but pretty cool all the same. Not a big Green Day fan myself, but I do like this song and that gives a good back story to the title (providing it's true, of course!).

1236527_601172673254298_1859618292_n.jpg

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    Didn't have a clue which thread to put this one in. Maybe not as "feels" as other posts, but pretty cool all the same. Not a big Green Day fan myself, but I do like this song and that gives a good back story to the title (providing it's true, of course!).

1236527_601172673254298_1859618292_n.jpg
    That's good feels right there chief.

Advertisement