Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with usernames stretching out pages?

Options
  • 30-03-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

I thought there was going to be a limit on the amount of characters in a username but there are still overly long names that stretch out a page on a resolution of 1600x900. I'm pretty sure one of the staff said it was being fixed. That was sometime around when the new skin came in, I think.

I can't even find the thread but I'm sure it was Danny might have mentioned it being looked into.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah I noticed someones location stretches the page over too

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

They lowered the limit tooooooooooo not more than 40 characters and no word longer than 14 and on thread name wraps onto second line instead of cross screen.

Theirs 2 new peeps knocking round with long names alright,

one

can't say it bothers squeaky at all though.

In squeaky exp, long named peeps usually turn out to be trolls and are banned fairly quick for being dicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I thought there was going to be a limit on the amount of characters in a username but there are still overly long names that stretch out a page on a resolution of 1600x900. I'm pretty sure one of the staff said it was being fixed. That was sometime around when the new skin came in, I think.

I can't even find the thread but I'm sure it was Danny might have mentioned it being looked into.

Links to where this stretching is affecting the layout?

Links to where this stretching is affecting the layout?

I THINK its only when you're in looking at list of theads in a forum and if a long namer was the last to post in one, it'll stretch out that part.

Thats the only place i see it anyway, brutal may have another eg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Yeah what Squeaky said it.
    It's just annoying really. But any posters that get the last post, if their name is too long, it'll stretch the page when you looking at a forum

lol, Banned already.

Advertisement