Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal insulation on window reveals?

Options
  • 30-03-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

I am planning on keeping my orginal timber windows. There is about 1 inch in the frame before you reach the reveal. I am planning on getting 82.5mm internal insulation board on all xternal walls. How will the builders dryline the reveal, do you think? Just trying to prepare myself in advance.
    The only ways I can think of are:
    - hack back the reveals and skim and plasterboard
    - plasterboard the existing reveal (and cover over about 1/3 window!!)

Anyone enlighten me? Or do they not dryline the reveal? Can't picture that either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Other guys on here will know better, but I have seen it done where a smaller board is used around the window reveals.

You don't have much room though with only 1 inch, and I think 82.5mm may require a bit to much hacking of the skim & plasterboard.

If I was you, I would try to get the builder to hack back any exisitng plaster/board, etc on the reveal back to the block. Then put the thickest insulation you can get without impedeing too much on the window.

Make sure to leave enough of the frame showing, as it may look cat otherwise.

Others may have better adive.

Advertisement