Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Year so Far

Options
  • 30-03-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Is it me or has nothing really stood out this year so far? The festivals seem very poor with SLane ( both awful headliners) and The Marquee really lacking in quality

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

There's been some good albums so far this year, and I'm sure there's plenty more to come:
    My Bloody Valentine - m b v
    The Joy Formidable - Wolf's Law
    Amplifier - Echo Street
    Cult of Luna - Vertikal
    Yo La Tengo - Fade
    Intronaut - Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words With Tones)
    Esben and the Witch - Wash the Sins Not Only the Face

As regarding festivals The Body & Soul lineup looks good and the Forbidden Fruit lineup is decent enough. But compared to European festivals Irish festivals just can't compare in terms of quality and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Will have to wait for Jools to introduce me to new acts. Anyone hear ever hear of Father john Misty?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

thesultan wrote: »
    Will have to wait for Jools to introduce me to new acts. Anyone hear ever hear of Father john Misty?

Father John MIsty is J.Tillman who has released albums under that name also. He was also the drummer in Fleet Foxes for a while.

Advertisement