Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers to mature students - when?

Options
  • 30-03-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering, when are offers made to mature students? Im sure it is different for each university, but would it usually be close to the start of the academic year, or do they give you a month or 2 to get things in order and let you know a bit earlier?

Ive heard anything from June to early September. What are peoples experiences as mature students getting offers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I've heard end of June start of July. Leaving Cert students get them earlier?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php 6th July formal offers for matures 2nd round for matures early August And then if you have your leaving cert those offers are late August

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

shawki wrote: »
    http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php 6th July formal offers for matures 2nd round for matures early August And then if you have your leaving cert those offers are late August

Do the universities contact you before 6th July with offers? Thats what I have heard.

dazftw wrote: »
    I've heard end of June start of July. Leaving Cert students get them earlier?
    Ive heard this aswell, that the university can contact you in june-july with provisonal offers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 accguy

If you are a mature student you normally get the offer in July. However if your offer is conditional upon something (say a Leaving Cert subject you are currently doing or the results of a FETAC programme) then you will get you offer in August with the Leaving Cert students. Most colleges will contact you with an offer in advance of end June. If they have not been in contact ask their mature student officer why not.

accguy wrote: »
    If you are a mature student you normally get the offer in July. However if your offer is conditional upon something (say a Leaving Cert subject you are currently doing or the results of a FETAC programme) then you will get you offer in August with the Leaving Cert students. Most colleges will contact you with an offer in advance of end June. If they have not been in contact ask their mature student officer why not.
    Thanks for the reply, so we should hear something by July if applying for a place that isnt based on fetac or leaving cert results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

According to the UCC admissions office anyways while the official results are due come July calling the admissions office in June will let you know if your application was successful or not.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Naraka

Do all mature student applicants have to do an interview with the colleges that they've applied to attend?

Naraka wrote: »
    Do all mature student applicants have to do an interview with the colleges that they've applied to attend?

No, not everyone will require an interview, its at the discretion of the college

Ok, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Susiebloom

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Hi Naraka I heard from UCD last week and got an offer in Arts but only because I emailed them a fair bit asking when they would be out! It's worth a try emailing the admissions office, you never know! Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Susiebloom wrote: »
    Hi Naraka I heard from UCD last week and got an offer in Arts but only because I emailed them a fair bit asking when they would be out! It's worth a try emailing the admissions office, you never know! Best of luck!

Woah, you have a confirmed acceptance? Congrats man. Will have to ring UCC Monday and see what's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Susiebloom

Korasa wrote: »
    Woah, you have a confirmed acceptance? Congrats man. Will have to ring UCC Monday and see what's up.

Yeah! It is still a bit unreal!! The admissions office in UCD were very helpful! Best if luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Yeah! It is still a bit unreal!! The admissions office in UCD were very helpful! Best if luck!

Hi, were you contacting the mature office or the main admissions?

If you dont mind me asking, how did you do on the msap?

Hey all. Just got off the phone with UCC admissions. Got my place in Arts! WOOOOOOO! The woman I was speaking with was was lovely. She didn't look up my file but apparently a cut off point was established though I'm not sure what it is. She just asked if it was my first choice and what my results were. told her I got a 110 in the MSAP and she told me I was definitely being offered a place. Best of luck everyone!

Congrats. I have an interview tomorrow and I'm dreading it!!!

Congrats. I have an interview tomorrow and I'm dreading it!!!

Best of luck with it! I'm sure you'll be grand though. What are you applying for if you don't mind my asking?

Bsc in Computer Network Management.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lizzyberm

I have been told by Trinity College that I am on a waiting list for the undergraduate course I applied for. This morning the CAO sent me an offer for a place on the course. I have emailed Trinity for more information, but has this happened to anyone else? I applied as a mature student.

Advertisement