Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buggys on ryanair

Options
  • 30-03-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Ryanair says that they will allow a fully collpasable buggy free for an infant.
    We have a quinny mood which is not fully collapsable. It collapses into two parts. If we were to try a bungy cord around it would they take it free?
    anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BazzaDP

We've taken an Uppababy Vista base, with the carseat fitted on it instead of the normal buggy seat on Ryanair with no issues. This allowed us to drive with him when we landed. Ryanair saw the buggy as we queued to board and asked us "is that in two parts?" We said yes and were given two luggage stickers for it. Then we brought the buggy down to the plane, collapsed it (which meant taking the carseat off) and left it as two parts for the luggage guys to put in the hold. Done this a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No problems with 2 piece buggys. Get a tag at check in for each piece. Get to gate use lift to get to run way, fold buggy at steps of plane and leave there , ground grew will stick it on the plane. When you land they'll usually have it at the bottom of the steps

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, 2 piece buggies are no problem. My brother in law has a big buggy and they stuff the bottom of it with luggage before they fold it away. Just make sure it's secure if you do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

myself and the wife have a bugaboo and decided it would be better to leave that at home and buy a cheap pram/buggy for the holiday. i think i spent 50euro on one from argos so they could throw it around as much as they liked.

worked out great, pram did take some damage on flight so be weary of bringing the nice pram!

been handy to have the 2nd pram too by the way, incase i leave one in the boot, the wife can use the crappy one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

ya i have brought my buggy with a buggy board for the past 5 yrs no prob and also get an extra bag in the shopping basket!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

We brought our Stokke Xplory on several Ryanair flights, it's huge even folded but we put it in a Stokke travel bag. That's so big I could comfortably fit in it myself. Never had a problem either checking it in or leaving it at the bottom of the steps. As a note, it was never weighed or checked for 'additional items';-)

Advertisement