Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carnmore/monivea speedvan

Options
  • 30-03-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

just wondering if there are people still getting caught for speed on that road.?? the locals all know where the van is and slow down to 40kms . anytime i am on that road i go just under 80. whats the deal for other cars flashing to warn you that the van is there. my thinking is if your going over 80kms then your going to get caught at some point like me . i have learned my lesson the hard way.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I suppose its the same as you coming on here and telling us about it too....

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Doom wrote: »
    I suppose its the same as you coming on here and telling us about it too....
    here we go Doom by name Doom by nature:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

cats.life wrote: »
    just wondering if there are people still getting caught for speed on that road.?? the locals all know where the van is and slow down to 40kms . anytime i am on that road i go just under 80. whats the deal for other cars flashing to warn you that the van is there. my thinking is if your going over 80kms then your going to get caught at some point like me . i have learned my lesson the hard way.

Speedvan is a joke, always of a straight stretch of road. Just another money making scheme.
    Keep up the good work of flashing when you see speedvan;)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

The speed limit on that road is a joke. 60km on a long straight road. I'm one of the people that drive at 80km, slow down where the van always is and then speed up again. I generally obey speed limits but thats one of the worst I've come across in Ireland.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

here we go Doom by name Doom by nature:rolleyes:

Mod Note: Please remember the fundamental Boards rule of attacking the post and not the poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Mod Note: Please remember the fundamental Boards rule of attacking the post and not the poster.
    and yet you didnt say anything to Doom. there was no need for that post from him/her

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

and yet you didnt say anything to Doom. there was no need for that post from him/her

cats.life, if you had a problem with another user's post, then the report post functionality is there to be used. See point 12 of the charter: here

Also, per point 13, please do not discuss moderator decisions on thread. Use the PM function.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Here lads grow up. No need for nit picking.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

finlma wrote: »
    The speed limit on that road is a joke. 60km on a long straight road. I'm one of the people that drive at 80km, slow down where the van always is and then speed up again. I generally obey speed limits but thats one of the worst I've come across in Ireland.

No, the worst thing about it is the bothríns off and the narrower & twistier Monivea Rd past Carnmore Cross it are mostly higher speed limits.

There is the usual rumour that pops up every 2/3 years that the speed limit is supposed to be under review, but it's not going to happen because that would make sense.

Advertisement