Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trespassing? Do you do it?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

i live on a farm, lambing season is stresfull enough without people trespassing with or without dogs, wether there are signs up or not, no one wants to have to shoot a dog, and im sure no one wants there dog shot so why risk it,

there are rights of way all over the country on farmland. the problem is no one will tell you where they are or if they are still in use.

These kinds of right away aren't public though. They are for people to access their own properties. Even at that, they will have to be registered now.
    snoman wrote: »
    I've gone on private land before. Only if there has been no 'no trespassing' sign and if it looks as though others have been there before me. I'd guess that if you were to do more forensic roaming you should get permission from landowners, seems only right.

Does your garden or house have a no trespassing sign?
    If you found a randomer using either, would you agree that lack of signage was an invite in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

There are some walks, particularly along rivers, where locals to the area walk their dogs. As do I. I would not do it if there were stock there and I would not walk through land unless this practice was already established.

Advertisement