Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on a cover

• 30-03-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭

Hey lads looking for a bit of advice on a cover I'm thinking of doing.The songs A sight to behold by metal band Gojira,And I'm just looking for a bit of insight as to some of the effects in the song,Such as the bass line(and possibly also the guitar)in the intro and verse's.It sounds a bit phasey/phlanger with maybe some chorus or wah in there in my opinion.The vox sounds like some screams/growls on tracks that are lower in the mix with some robotic,Vocoder like effects on the main vox track.

I'm still green on a lot of basics,Like compression and EQ etc.,So I'm basically just looking for the main kind of effects involved in the intro/verses with the guitar and bass and the kind of effects used on the "singing" vocal track.Any opinions will be appreciated.

Cheyas!

song-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXfdRLPA9is

Advertisement