Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGO-L wick and wire.

Options
  • 30-03-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Really love the coil I made with the wick and wire that came with my IGO-L. ****ing best 12 euro I've spent in a while.

Really want the same stuff again, but I don't know what type of wick and wire come with it as standard. Does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Get 3mm wick and .20 Kanthal -it's the best stuff for the job;

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1844.htm
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/35-diy

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I'm buying everything from ESI. Is that what comes with the IGO-L or just the consensus on what is generally best?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i use 3mm wick and 0.2 kanthal in the igo-l at the moment and trust me the 3mm wick you'll get from ESI is miles better than the bit that came with it in the wee packet.

Thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 awatch

just widened the air hole on the Igo and the AGA-T2. What a difference. Billows of Vape. Well worth doing.

• Advertisement

I'm wondering if I have a 'mark 2' version of the IGO-L. The two things people complained about are absent on mine.

1. Top falls off too easy- for me it's tight as a virgin.

2. Air draw is too tight- Mine is fantastic, even more airy then my T2.

As far as i know i have the MK2 version. Just got it a couple of weeks ago.

The top is absolutely solid and needs a good pull to get it off! As to the draw and the air hole. The draw was always fine on it but when I widened the hole there was a huge improvement in vapour production. It is now a very airy draw but gives a much more satisfying vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

awatch wrote: »
    As far as i know i have the MK2 version. Just got it a couple of weeks ago.

The top is absolutely solid and needs a good pull to get it off! As to the draw and the air hole. The draw was always fine on it but when I widened the hole there was a huge improvement in vapour production. It is now a very airy draw but gives a much more satisfying vape.

Can you tell me exactly how you widened it, with as much detail as possible. Obviously I'm assuming you used a drill and a drill bit. What size bit, what did you use to hold it?

Also have you thought about building a dual coil with it yet?

Not sure how much detail I can give you. The drill bit I used I found loose in the toolbox and it has no markings on it. So I don't know the size. Lots of people talk about a 1/16 bit and a hole of 1.4-1.5mm. All I can say is that it was ever so slightly bigger than the hole I was about to widen. I would say the hole now is 20% bigger than it was. I don't have a bench press so I put the cap onto a damp rag and clamped it with a vice grip then drilled it out. Just took a couple of seconds but it makes all the difference.

As to the dual coil, I will certainly give it a go but haven't done so yet.

Thanks for info.

Yea was wondering if you used a vice grip. I don't have one... hence I haven't widen my Igo-L yet

The guys at Vapelyfe are legends are building coils and all that. They actually make dual coils on the Igo-L but drilled a second hole on the other side beside the second coil.

Watch this video for info and also to get blow away by the vaper he gets out of this setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7HXx0ZQ0E

• Advertisement

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Thanks for info.

Yea was wondering if you used a vice grip. I don't have one... hence I haven't widen my Igo-L yet

The guys at Vapelyfe are legends are building coils and all that. They actually make dual coils on the Igo-L but drilled a second hole on the other side beside the second coil.

Watch this video for info and also to get blow away by the vaper he gets out of this setup.

Great link thanks.

Thinking about trying this later, but it seems like a lot of wick...

These guys have as much experience building coils as anyone else on the planet does. If they seem to use a shed load of wick it's probably going to be for a good reason. I think they're into their vapour product more than anything, so if you want to have massive clouds of vape copy what they do.

You'll also notice it's a hybrid dripper, he has the AGA head on the IGO base. I guess this is so there's room for all that wick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Anyone got any pictures of how they have setup the Igo-l. I made a haimes of mine and just not happy with it, Would be great if I could use SS as opposed to Silica, just for endurance purposes really.

I currently have a Silica/SS hybrid and the silica wick is all over the place so it leaks a bit.

TIA

I've only made two coils for my IGO-L so far, so I'm very much a noob. However both have been fantastic.

There's an American guy on YouTube called something like 'pbsardo' that has an in dept tutorial on building for the IGO-L that I followed.

Finally I have success with my IGO-L

Here's what I did

1) clean hands thoroughly.

2) clean IGO-L

3) cut some wick and flame it with blue flame from a lighter a lot

4) cut some wire and flame it again the same as above (I noticed the wire seems to get thinner, contraction maybe)

5) make a coil add some juice and vape

Didn't get any strange taste like I was getting before. I also made the hole slightly larger and now I'm getting a very airy draw but loads of vapour and nice taste and satisfying as hell :)

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Thanks for info.

Just used this video and made an awesome coil exactly like this. Stuck it on my Evic and it was awful, 11W limit is no good for dual coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

jamie72 wrote: »
    Just used this video and made an awesome coil exactly like this. Stuck it on my Evic and it was awful, 11W limit is no good for dual coils.

What Ω is the coil?

I followed that video, got a 1.3 Ω coil, its was horrible all morning, at the lowest wattage on the Evic, 3v @ 6w.

It stopped spitting after a few hours so I've pumped it up to 11 watts and much to my astonishment its vaping ok now. I thought it would blow if i upped the wattage. Higher watts is caning the battery now though

Close to yours, 1.2 ohm.
    That makes it about 2.5ohm for each coil.

With an 11 watt limit, you'd only have around 5 watts over each coil. Was never going to give great results.

Pulled from UKV, quad coils on an IGO-L:
    wLYoqsD.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah but having to keep a car battery on your desk to power it must be a bit inconvenient

• Advertisement

Yeah, I tried dual coils with an evic. Dual coils came in at 2 ohm, but for the love of god I couldn't power it.
    I think for anything lower then a mechanical mod, a single coil is probably best. I'd rather a nice double silica single coil just under 2 ohms that really gets the juice moving.

Advertisement