Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late?

Options
  • 31-03-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys have just recently copped onto the fact that im sitting my Junior Cert in june O.o.
    My mocks results are as follows
    geog 90%
    business 85%
    history 80%
    science 82%
    german 76%
    Maths 62%
    english 65%
    CsPE 83%

i havent studied since the mocks but am willing to do what it takes to turn most of the b's there to a's and hopefully improve my c grades as well.
    Do you guys think there is enough time, im starting to put in 4 hours each day now for the rest of the easter break.

Thankss guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

lowest mark 62%? you'll be grand with a even a little bit of work,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Daire2013

4 hours a day is good, it's just a matter of sticking to studying that much up to the Junior Cert! My advice, keep studying the subjects you got an A in, just do it the way you've always done it because you know you're doing something right! That way, you won't get any nasty surprises. Do a lot of study on the weaker subjects anyway, thats a given.

They're great results for a mock though, they're usually difficultly marked! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

4 hours a day???????? oh god i've only being doing an hour and a half.

BYE GUYS XXXXXXXXXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 TheGilch13

Assuming that all of these subjects are higher level then they are pretty good results for mocks!
    Most of the study I did was a week or two before the exams and I did pretty well so four hours a day should be more than sufficient. A bit too much if ya ask me!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

TheGilch13 wrote: »
    Assuming that all of these subjects are higher level then they are pretty good results for mocks!
    Most of the study I did was a week or two before the exams and I did pretty well so four hours a day should be more than sufficient. A bit too much if ya ask me!! :)

In China the students do 16 hours a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Coyg2210

TheGilch13 wrote: »

Yea they were all higher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

In China the students do 16 hours a day.

Not necessarily, my chinese friend's cousins are in 11 hours in school.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You are all WAY overestimating how hard it will be to do well in the JC.
    It is designed for an average, literate student to do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 TheGilch13

spurious wrote: »
    You are all WAY overestimating how hard it will be to do well in the JC.
    It is designed for an average, literate student to do well.

Couldn't agree more! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I hardly studied for the mocks, and I got 2 A's, 4 B's, 2 C's and 2 D's. I didn't study for religion and I got an A. It's amazing what little study can do, i'm aiming for at least 7 A's and 3 B's. Note that I did all higher 8)

• Advertisement
Advertisement